Nurburgring May 2006

Soldato
The cost obviously depends on the exact format and how fuel efficient your car is. Our last trip was 5 days, two of them on the 'ring, and I spent around 600 quid.

Budget £100 for the crossing, £60-70 per night for food and lodgings, £40 for 5 laps of the ring, £15 for a session of karting. Fuel-wise, it's a 1000 mile round trip, so work it out for your car.

With regards to the crossing, it's around £100 for the tunnel and £50 for a ferry. The extra £50 is money well spent IMO, as the tunnel is so much easier. Considering this extra will be less than a tenth of the overall trip cost, it's hardly a big deal.

Soldato
what happened to a trip in march time? :confused: :(

not that i am keen to go back or anything.... ;)

drexel - an idea of costs for an non oil burner; i had a full tank in the morning and i had to put more in at about 3 o'clock. i was averaging about 100-120 miles to a tank on the 'ring (70 litre tank), i think i did 10 or 11 laps that day

Associate
a maybe from me, hopefully should get my car in febuary/march-ish, and im up in scotland so its a long trip to the tunnel (looks like ill have to invest in a good sat nav to get me there :p)

Soldato
Vertigo1 said:
The cost obviously depends on the exact format and how fuel efficient your car is. Our last trip was 5 days, two of them on the 'ring, and I spent around 600 quid.

Budget £100 for the crossing, £60-70 per night for food and lodgings, £40 for 5 laps of the ring, £15 for a session of karting. Fuel-wise, it's a 1000 mile round trip, so work it out for your car.

With regards to the crossing, it's around £100 for the tunnel and £50 for a ferry. The extra £50 is money well spent IMO, as the tunnel is so much easier. Considering this extra will be less than a tenth of the overall trip cost, it's hardly a big deal.

iirc it was £35 for the ferry, and dave just quoted £140 for the tunnel...thats nearly £100!! indeed, money better spent on beer, food, and petrol :p

Tom.

Soldato
TomO said:
drexel - an idea of costs for an non oil burner; i had a full tank in the morning and i had to put more in at about 3 o'clock. i was averaging about 100-120 miles to a tank on the 'ring (70 litre tank), i think i did 10 or 11 laps that day
The M5 versus the Rex should be interesting, both on the 'ring itself and the way over :)

Soldato
rG-tom said:
iirc it was £35 for the ferry, and dave just quoted £140 for the tunnel...thats nearly £100!! indeed, money better spent on beer, food, and petrol :p
Bloomin' 'eck, didn't realise it was that much. Must have missed the £140 post, was more like £110 when we went but I spose that was the off-season.

£35 return ferry!? That's impressive. The cheapest I've ever seen is around £25 each way.

Soldato
Vertigo1 said:
The M5 versus the Rex should be interesting, both on the 'ring itself and the way over :)

probably take the 200 over next time, which should be a fair match, i would hope to have it running about 310bhp and 1100kgs. :)

if not M5 always an option :)
damn - just thought of the limiter cutting in at 160 GPS :(

Soldato
me and a few mates from work are planning a trip for around about this time. We were waiting for the 06 calender though to see the opening hours and when the best time to go would be....so id possibly be there anyway depending on dates.

Soldato
One thing, if we're going in May I think we should definitely book accomodation beforehand this time. It sounds like Dave and Andy were lucky last summer, as when we went back at the end of October the hotel didn't have room for four of us and we ended up in the B&B across the road (which was still excellent). If we end up with quite a few going (wishful thinking maybe) then we could have problems just turning up.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
Vertigo1 said:
Im sure they are both perfectly capable at legal speed limits!

I'd go but to be honest, taking a stock focus around the ring would be painful to watch.
However if I ever do get around to buying a CRX track car.
Ill join ye!
Unlikely though.

Back
Top Bottom