Nurburgring May 2006

Mic

Mic

Soldato
Vertigo1 said:
A decent chunk of the route over there has no speed limits :D
Of course how could i forget the mighty Autobahn!
...........okay NO WAY am i going in a focus:p.
I can see me arriving a coupel days later than the rest.

Associate
-Mic- said:
Im sure they are both perfectly capable at legal speed limits!

I'd go but to be honest, taking a stock focus around the ring would be painful to watch.
However if I ever do get around to buying a CRX track car.
Ill join ye!
Unlikely though.

And that made a difference to me taking my Astra 1.7dti estate over (twice) and Dave taking his Zaffy. :p

All about fun and the odd times :D

Mic

Mic

Soldato
austinpowers said:
And that made a difference to me taking my Astra 1.7dti estate over (twice) and Dave taking his Zaffy. :p

All about fun and the odd times :D
Dave took a Zafira around the ring?????? :confused: :eek:

Soldato
Focus will do fine, I got my oil-burner up to 127, and to be honest this is rapid enough for general cruising. Once you start getting up to 120 you become very aware of how much faster you're travelling than anyone else and start watching other people intently to see what they're doing before you pass. Ironically, my biggest "moment" of the last trip wasn't on the 'ring but on the way back when an 18-wheeler decided to pull out in front of me when I was doing over 120.

Tom, how on earth did you manage to do 160? Did you manage to find a relatively quiet stretch of road or just use the force to keep everyone else away from you? :D

EDIT: The above was of course in reference to the trip over rather than the 'ring itself. As for the latter, trust me you'll enjoy yourself no matter what you're driving. It's all about learning the track and getting the best performance you can out of what you have. Three of us had diesels last time and it was excellent fun.

Last edited:

Mic

Mic

Soldato
Vertigo1 said:
Focus will do fine, I got my oil-burner up to 127, and to be honest this is rapid enough for general cruising. Once you start getting up to 120 you become very aware of how much faster you're travelling than anyone else and start watching other people intently to see what they're doing before you pass. Ironically, my biggest "moment" of the last trip wasn't on the 'ring but on the way back when an 18-wheeler decided to pull out in front of me when I was doing over 120.

Tom, how on earth did you manage to do 160? Did you manage to find a relatively quiet stretch of road or just use the force to keep everyone else away from you? :D
A 1.4 focus would jsut hit 105mph i think.
And at that its horrible feeling.

I of course tried this on my own special strip of motorway.

Associate
thats nothin, i had my mums 1L micra bouncing off the limiter at 100 mph :D i was afraid to move the wheel the slightest. i only got to that speed cause of the straight part of motorway i was on and that it was slightly downhill, much fun, should have seen the look on my pals face... hmmm..... wonder if i should take the micra to the 'ring? :p you think its a good idea :D

Mic

Mic

Soldato
marcus25 said:
thats nothin, i had my mums 1L micra bouncing off the limiter at 100 mph :D i was afraid to move the wheel the slightest. i only got to that speed cause of the straight part of motorway i was on and that it was slightly downhill, much fun, should have seen the look on my pals face... hmmm..... wonder if i should take the micra to the 'ring? :p you think its a good idea :D
Wonder how much the speedo was off :p
My clock read 110mph, but i turned on the digital speedometer and it read 105.3

Soldato
Vertigo1 said:

i am sure i told you about this one before.

there was some guy in an astra coupe showing off to his girlfriend so whilst i was explaining 400bhp to him i realised that i was already doing 150 something, so kept going as it was pretty clear, was 3 lanes and only went past a couple of cars who were in the furthest lane.

Soldato
OP
The different between the ferry and tunnel are:

Ferry has to go further each way than tunnel (about 40 miles extra driving
Ferry is slower
Ferry you have too check in earlier
Ferry might be delayed (weather/checks - we had a 2hr delay)
Ferry is also cheaper

Tunnel is quicker/shorter/no delays and if you turn up early/late they just put you on the train before/after.

Yes once date has been picked i'll put up times/prices for both and we can meet somewhere.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
Some driving then:D
I think i will try and get the CRX.
Id lvoe to actually meet the peeps on here, then again, being 18 and trying to save money is a like a crack addict going cold turkey!

Back
Top Bottom