Nurburgring May 2006

Soldato
Dangerous said:
Its a Toll road so as long as you have europe cover your fine :)
^^

I'll just add that you should check the small print of your policy to make sure the ring isn't specifically excluded as I believe there are some insurers that put it in as an exclusion.

Sounds like a fantastic experience but i'm too much of a wimp to take my car round the track :o

Mic

Mic

Soldato
lordrobs said:
^^

I'll just add that you should check the small print of your policy to make sure the ring isn't specifically excluded as I believe there are some insurers that put it in as an exclusion.

Sounds like a fantastic experience but i'm too much of a wimp to take my car round the track :o
Magnum P.I a wimp?

Waaaaaaaaaait a minute, your not the Mag?

Soldato
OP
lordrobs said:
^^

Tow to the side of the road - oh look it happened here :o

Soldato
I think its better to assume your uninsured at the ring and drive accordingly. this was the only problem i had in arranging a trip with work mates for next year, and yes although techincally it is a toll road, im sure your insurance company wouldnt take kindly if you stacked your car into the armco and had to pay for repairs + closure to the track, see:

Optional extras available at additional cost include armco repairs, safety car attendance, vehicle recovery, track closure, hospital stays and helicopter rides. I recommend avoiding these. If you can't, then the following price-list may help:

* Removing damaged armco: €10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)
* Replacement armco: €31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)
* Removing damaged armco posts: €5.10 each
* Replacing armco post: €39 each
* Safety car attendance: €82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)
* Circuit closure: €1,350 per hour
* Recovery truck: €175 (inc VAT)
* Hospital stay & air ambulance: Let's just say, do NOT go there without travel insurance! (Though a European Health Card - which replaced the E111 - may cover the hospital bit.)

so you dont wanna crash there :D

Soldato
Dangerous said:
I tell you it was bouncy to say the least but mucho fun. I could do 10 mins in a 2ltr Diesel Zafira with time
Well I managed 10:27 after only 9 laps so I reckon under 10 should easily be achievable with a bit more practice. I reckon the Zaf would do under 10 in the hands of a nutter like Sabine but whether a mere mortal like you or I could do it I'm not sure.

All our quoted times are Bridge-To-Gantry (BTG), which is the standard method on public days as you can't do a complete lap and return to your start point. On private days, such as when manufacturers book it out, you are allowed to do complete laps so some times you'll see around are actually for a complete lap.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why is the tunnel so expensive? A group of me and four housemates went over on the tunnel and it cost us £50 return. Booked about a week in advance (£10 each)

Any idea on dates? (Thinking of when my exams might be). Do you know when the next trip is? I'm hoping to get a new car Aug/Sept '06

Soldato
OP
ajgoodfellow said:
Why is the tunnel so expensive? A group of me and four housemates went over on the tunnel and it cost us £50 return. Booked about a week in advance (£10 each)

Any idea on dates? (Thinking of when my exams might be). Do you know when the next trip is? I'm hoping to get a new car Aug/Sept '06

It will be in may 2006. Tunnel for the 1st weekend in May return is £106 :)

Soldato
OP
ajgoodfellow said:
Hi

Thanks - I noticed that it was in May. It's just that my final exams are in May too so I was wondering if you were thinking early/late May. If it's early May then I'll have to step out!

Won’t know the dates haven’t been released yet, I think they are released early next year.

Soldato
LOL :D

To be honest, it's not as hairy as you think. The first few laps you do, you'll be utterly terrified and won't have a clue what's round the next bend, so you'll end up driving like an old woman. As your knowledge of the track grows and you learn how the car behaves through each corner, you start building speed gradually. In order to crash you'd have to be deliberately pushing the car to its limits and you're not going to be doing that unless you can afford to crash.

Back
Top Bottom