Nvidia 30X0 series waterblocks

Associate
Anyone else spotted that EK removed the Zotac from the compatibility list?

They said they're doing another block for it, but I went with the Zotac solely to make sure it was waterblock compatible from day 1:mad:

We have removed two Zotac cards from our reference Vector RTX 3080/3090 block compatibility list. Please cancel your EK-Quantum Vector RTX 3080/3090 blocks if you’ve ordered them. A new Zotac-specific block is in the works that will fit your card perfectly. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-water-...ia-30-series-graphics-card-are-now-available/

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone else spotted that EK removed the Zotac from the compatibility list?

They said they're doing another block for it, but I went with the Zotac solely to make sure it was waterblock compatible from day 1:mad:

https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-water-...ia-30-series-graphics-card-are-now-available/

@Toothy1911 didn't you go for a zotac card?

Almost did, but I ordered an Inno3D instead. And the Alphacool block.
Alphacool say it still works with the Zotac. But worth reaching out to them with the EK news to double check as it's a visual check only.
https://www.alphacool.com/download/compatibility list Nvidia.pdf

Anyone know if there's a water block for the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming OC on the horizon?

Again, Alphacool have one coming if you check the compatibility chart.

Associate
What do you guys do with waste fluid? got 3 bottles from draining.

I take it down to the the local waste and recycling centre whenever I make a run. Just say you've got radiator fluid and they'll tell you to put it somewhere.

Preferably with the original labels on it somewhere though. Someone must look at it at some point!

Associate
Alphacool block turned up today. I'm proper impressed with the quality and design. It looks a lot better in person than it does in photos. It's got a real nice weight to it. Everything is machined to a really high quality. Very pleased for the price.

@Jay85 The distance between inlet and outlet is 35mm.
Length of block is 225mm, height (including top connections) is 120mm. Overall thickness is 25mm.
Any other measurements or details anyone needs, then let me know.

Album - https://imgur.com/a/9cnavgu

ArqYCG0.jpg JSn5N7F.jpg fhnuFSY.jpg rCNEqi1.jpg VYjxxKc.jpg ld29Qlm.jpg koBFGQE.jpg g8C6PYY.jpg 8vRP14Q.jpg utR0qpI.jpg GFKOnfG.jpg aUun9mT.jpg zsNJ4wG.jpg r1snxlp.jpg p8gHtmd.jpg Zml5Huk.jpg 70CilYF.jpg v8jHxDU.jpg r7lpTUl.jpg uURpRvo.jpg

Soldato
@Toothy1911 Thanks bud, love the detailed pictures. Really love the look of this block, i'm still on preorder for a asus tuf so alphacool make one for that as well in the same design im defo sticking with it. It's not as small as i imagined it to be either, it will sit nicely in my o11 with a dual loop system.

Is it quite weighty? The flow design on this is spectacular with it running over both stacks of vrms as well.

Soldato
Can't wait to my card under water
Can't wait to actually get a card lol, but i totally understand how you feel.

@Jay85 It's far heavier than I expected, considering it's mostly plexi. About the same as a normal full cover block.
Nice! Love weighty blocks, doesn't bug me as much as im mounting it vertically so there will be no sag regardless. Have you had any word on when you'll be getting your card?

Soldato
Can't wait to actually get a card lol, but i totally understand how you feel.

I was incredibly fortunate to grab a card in the first few minutes and swear I had a guardian angel watching over me, haha. I'm just glad @Gibbo announced which cards they had in stock prior to the launch, so I knew what I was targeting. That said I had hoped for a higher end model I could have hopefully overclocked somewhat, I'm up to +50 on the core & +900 on the memory, I would like to go higher if possible. That said it is absolutely chewing through everything I throw at it and as I've said elsewhere there's just something smoother about the card I can't quite put my finger on. My only gripe coming from my water cooled 2080ti is just how noisy the card is under load. I'm running a pretty aggressive fan profile though.

I am hoping the water block is considerably shorter than the stock cooler though, from Eagle card it looks like the end 2 to 3 inches has a detachable power extension to accommodate the 3rd fan. If it's not the same on the gaming OC I'm also going to have to spring for a distro plate as there's no way of mounting my pump/res in the case with the card and bottom rad I'm planning on installing again. The 011 Dynamic XL isn't as big as it looks in pictures.

Back
Top Bottom