Nvidia 30X0 series waterblocks

Associate
Alphacool block turned up today. I'm proper impressed with the quality and design. It looks a lot better in person than it does in photos. It's got a real nice weight to it. Everything is machined to a really high quality. Very pleased for the price.
That looks very nice, thanks for the detailed photos! Although I am less of a fan of the blocks which have loads of visible gasket rings in them!

Soldato
I was incredibly fortunate to grab a card in the first few minutes and swear I had a guardian angel watching over me, haha. I'm just glad @Gibbo announced which cards they had in stock prior to the launch, so I knew what I was targeting. That said I had hoped for a higher end model I could have hopefully overclocked somewhat, I'm up to +50 on the core & +900 on the memory, I would like to go higher if possible. That said it is absolutely chewing through everything I throw at it and as I've said elsewhere there's just something smoother about the card I can't quite put my finger on. My only gripe coming from my water cooled 2080ti is just how noisy the card is under load. I'm running a pretty aggressive fan profile though.

I am hoping the water block is considerably shorter than the stock cooler though, from Eagle card it looks like the end 2 to 3 inches has a detachable power extension to accommodate the 3rd fan. If it's not the same on the gaming OC I'm also going to have to spring for a distro plate as there's no way of mounting my pump/res in the case with the card and bottom rad I'm planning on installing again. The 011 Dynamic XL isn't as big as it looks in pictures.
I wasn't even on the ocuk site at launch, i was set on getting an FE so i was smashing F5 on launch day on the nvidia store page only to be met with out of stock! By the time i got back to the ocuk it was gridlocked and the chance of getting one was out the window.

For your situation you should consider a distro for sure, some of the EK res/pump FLT blocks are really good for this. I've bought 2 x 120's for a dual loop setup so i can run them cooler knowing how hot the gpu might run with the vrm under cooling as well. We'll see how it all fairs when i get it all together and installed.

Soldato
I wasn't even on the ocuk site at launch, i was set on getting an FE so i was smashing F5 on launch day on the nvidia store page only to be met with out of stock! By the time i got back to the ocuk it was gridlocked and the chance of getting one was out the window.

For your situation you should consider a distro for sure, some of the EK res/pump FLT blocks are really good for this. I've bought 2 x 120's for a dual loop setup so i can run them cooler knowing how hot the gpu might run with the vrm under cooling as well. We'll see how it all fairs when i get it all together and installed.

My card actually cools pretty well with the stock cooler, 56c on average under load on ac oddessy earlier after an hour or so though no idea what ambient is. Actually lower than my 9900k under water though that chip is a furnace. Love the distro plates but it's an expense I hadn't factored in when moving from my much larger phanteks 719 that may be necessary.

Vidar if you have an Eagle Alphacool are now listing a block as coming soon.

https://www.hwconfig.com/waterblock-finder

Edit... ah I read you have a gaming.

They list that as coming soon as well.

Pretty sure the Eagle and the Gaming have the same PCB design!

I had seen that, thank you though

Associate
Nice! Love weighty blocks, doesn't bug me as much as im mounting it vertically so there will be no sag regardless. Have you had any word on when you'll be getting your card?

Zero info yet. Thinking i should have gone Zotac at the moment. But that was scheduled for 9th Oct I think, when I ordered. Come on Inno3d! Ship some cards over here.
I'm currently running an old 980 flat out, poor little thing doesn't know what hit it.

That looks very nice, thanks for the detailed photos! Although I am less of a fan of the blocks which have loads of visible gasket rings in them!

I'd have to agree with you about the gaskets. Would be nice if they were less visible, they stand out a lot on a clear top. White gaskets would be a good choice, but I bet they're not readily available. I quite often go for Acetal blocks for a sleek build, but that version isn't released yet.

Soldato
Zero info yet. Thinking i should have gone Zotac at the moment. But that was scheduled for 9th Oct I think, when I ordered. Come on Inno3d! Ship some cards over here.
I'm currently running an old 980 flat out, poor little thing doesn't know what hit it.

I'd have to agree with you about the gaskets. Would be nice if they were less visible, they stand out a lot on a clear top. White gaskets would be a good choice, but I bet they're not readily available. I quite often go for Acetal blocks for a sleek build, but that version isn't released yet.
The wait is killing me tbh, i almost bought a 2080ti waterblocked card last night for £500 at least it will keep me going for a few months till i get the 3080.

Soldato
I can understand mate, I would be chomping at the bit if I didn't have a GPU. Must be driving you nuts.
I was initially but still not much better now, managed to borrow a 1060 3gb for the time being but its abit of a melon compared to what im use to lol. I will wait it out and deal with it but the thought of not being able to finish my build is quite annoying. I keep getting the itch to tinker with it but theres nothing left to do other than wait for the gpu and blocks to come out.

Soldato
On the plus side, my other 120 FLT has arrived today and i've got on order 2 x Bykski temp/flow meters on the way from AliGxpress so at least i can do abit more work with the loop in the time being.

Soldato
I got one of those temp and flow meters. Just installed it as a trial last week. Its a nice looking thing. Gonna be great when I redo my build.

How's the brightness on it? That's one thing i couldn't really make out, was wondering if it would be bright enough to see through the slightly tinted glass on the o11D.

Associate
How's the brightness on it? That's one thing i couldn't really make out, was wondering if it would be bright enough to see through the slightly tinted glass on the o11D.
Not all that bright. But I think you'll see it fine through the glass. Display is quite clear from all angles, and no issues reading it in daylight.

Soldato
Not all that bright. But I think you'll see it fine through the glass. Display is quite clear from all angles, and no issues reading it in daylight.

That's good to know mate, was worried it wouldn't do the job but tbh can't complain for £30 odd.

Managed to nab a 3090 today, gonna run that till my 3080 comes.

Back
Top Bottom