Nvidia 30X0 series waterblocks

Soldato
Managed to order a strix 3090 from a competitor. It’s due to ship on October the 5th. Going with an ek block. Should just fit in my case with the water block on.:D
Congratz man! Gonna be a beast of a card. Saw someone mention upping power limits in the bios for even more grunt in the other thread. Sounds like a decent card tbh.

im literally at the store now queuing to get mine.

Associate
Congratz man! Gonna be a beast of a card. Saw someone mention upping power limits in the bios for even more grunt in the other thread. Sounds like a decent card tbh.

im literally at the store now queuing to get mine.
Thanks mate. Yeah I can’t wait. Been without a card for 6 weeks now so itching to get it in my rig. Hopefully get one without any coil whine as my last had a little. Let us know how you get on with your card.

Soldato
Thanks mate. Yeah I can’t wait. Been without a card for 6 weeks now so itching to get it in my rig. Hopefully get one without any coil whine as my last had a little. Let us know how you get on with your card.

Same route I have both GPU and Block wise, cant wait! Hopefully EK get them out the door soon and LG get fireware out for the OLEDs with G-Sync faff.

Will be interesting to see my temps, all going in a Shift X HTPC case in living room which while looking awesome is meh on cooling! Suspect my temps wont be much better on water then it is with the stock air cooler :p

Soldato
Same route I have both GPU and Block wise, cant wait! Hopefully EK get them out the door soon and LG get fireware out for the OLEDs with G-Sync faff.

Will be interesting to see my temps, all going in a Shift X HTPC case in living room which while looking awesome is meh on cooling! Suspect my temps wont be much better on water then it is with the stock air cooler :p
Let us know your temps on the ek block, i've preordered an alphacool block since im running an aurora xpx anyway so might as well make it match.

Man thats gonna be a tight space in the htpc!!

Same lol, the itch has been killing me, finally cured today though really happy with the card. Total overkill but yolo ey lol.

Cards quiet but not as quiet as the MSI trio or TUF cards from what ive gathered especially when it ramps up abit. Also got abit of a bug with the fan stop at idle, it keeps ramping up by itself whenever the gpu gets a little spike of activity. Temps don't go up only the core activity but it'll ramp the fans up and then stop. Got them controlled via Afterburner for now as the thundermaster software from palit won't let me save profiles either.. weird.

Soldato
Let us know your temps on the ek block, i've preordered an alphacool block since im running an aurora xpx anyway so might as well make it match.

Man thats gonna be a tight space in the htpc!!

Same lol, the itch has been killing me, finally cured today though really happy with the card. Total overkill but yolo ey lol.

Cards quiet but not as quiet as the MSI trio or TUF cards from what ive gathered especially when it ramps up abit. Also got abit of a bug with the fan stop at idle, it keeps ramping up by itself whenever the gpu gets a little spike of activity. Temps don't go up only the core activity but it'll ramp the fans up and then stop. Got them controlled via Afterburner for now as the thundermaster software from palit won't let me save profiles either.. weird.

Yeah for sure, be good to see how blocks compare.

Amusingly space wise block should fit fine i expect, I have a 1080Ti Strix in rig right now which looks to be bigger in terms of space it takes up compared to the 3090 which seems to have a smaller PCB. Biggest thing will be temps for me! Small case with slim 360mm rad for CPU and GPU. Expect temps will still be in check, but will be on the warmer side!

Wise Phanteks did blocks for 3xxx series, much prefer there's at least on prior gens.

Soldato
Yeah for sure, be good to see how blocks compare.

Amusingly space wise block should fit fine i expect, I have a 1080Ti Strix in rig right now which looks to be bigger in terms of space it takes up compared to the 3090 which seems to have a smaller PCB. Biggest thing will be temps for me! Small case with slim 360mm rad for CPU and GPU. Expect temps will still be in check, but will be on the warmer side!

Wise Phanteks did blocks for 3xxx series, much prefer there's at least on prior gens.
Yeah i noticed that! Even on the 3080/3090, the pcb is abit shorter than my 2080 lol. Just means a smaller block and smaller card once blocked as well so should be easier to route the tubing without too many tight bends.

No room for an extra 120 rad in there??

Soldato
Yeah i noticed that! Even on the 3080/3090, the pcb is abit shorter than my 2080 lol. Just means a smaller block and smaller card once blocked as well so should be easier to route the tubing without too many tight bends.

No room for an extra 120 rad in there??

Is it sad I like the bigger PCB lol. Saying that I do absolutely love my strix 1080Ti sadly if only for the backplate you can keep on, looks cool in the shift X case seeing it Sync up with the rest in my build so actually going to miss it looks wise :(

WfEZzBm.jpg

All that said sadly no more fans / rads in there and love case too much to change it in the Living room. I suspect temps will be okay on the whole, just not exceptional. Likely better then stock air cooler but not by massive amounts.

Soldato
Is it sad I like the bigger PCB lol. Saying that I do absolutely love my strix 1080Ti sadly if only for the backplate you can keep on, looks cool in the shift X case seeing it Sync up with the rest in my build so actually going to miss it looks wise :(

WfEZzBm.jpg

All that said sadly no more fans / rads in there and love case too much to change it in the Living room. I suspect temps will be okay on the whole, just not exceptional. Likely better then stock air cooler but not by massive amounts.
That is one beautiful case and one amazing build mate, i'd be proud of that! So compact yet so aesthetically pleasing. If i could i would definitely reuse this case, its hard not to like it lol. Just realised i've seen this case in person before in a showroom, thought it looked familiar! It was all black though and this difference in contrast looks a lot better imo.

Soldato
Haha. You should get one quickly if you order from here. Have you bought one yet?
They said pre-order, but it came within a few days.
I haven't its out of stock now with no preorder option. I spoke to Stigbourne who said he's expecting stock in Mid to end of October time.. :(

Weirdly though, i spoke to a alphacool rep and he said he's expecting stock next week :confused:

Associate
I haven't its out of stock now with no preorder option. I spoke to Stigbourne who said he's expecting stock in Mid to end of October time.. :(

Weirdly though, i spoke to a alphacool rep and he said he's expecting stock next week :confused:

Order direct from Alphacool then? They said next week for stock to me too... Which would have been this week.
They said once there was stock, OCUK would get them a few days later. Sounds like they're getting shipments in every week or two to me. Definitely would like to see some photos and feedback when you block your card.

Soldato
Order direct from Alphacool then? They said next week for stock to me too... Which would have been this week.
They said once there was stock, OCUK would get them a few days later. Sounds like they're getting shipments in every week or two to me. Definitely would like to see some photos and feedback when you block your card.
Yeah think i will tbh, infact just gonna do it now lol, can't wait for ocuk.

I'm really interested in the temps once all done, the stock cooler is good but wanna see those sub 50 temps on water and see how well it holds boost.

Associate
@Jay85 Will definitely be interested to see how your card works out with it waterblocked. Looking at my setup, my current GTX1080Ti FTW3 has a PCB about 285mm long. Not a lot of room to manoeuvre and would definitely struggle to fit in something over 300mm I think.

Will be interested to see how long your PCB and waterblock actually are, versus how much of it is that massive cooler!

Soldato
@Jay85 Will definitely be interested to see how your card works out with it waterblocked. Looking at my setup, my current GTX1080Ti FTW3 has a PCB about 285mm long. Not a lot of room to manoeuvre and would definitely struggle to fit in something over 300mm I think.

Will be interested to see how long your PCB and waterblock actually are, versus how much of it is that massive cooler!
Going by alphacools website the block is: 224,9 x 121,4 x 25,5 mm so quite short if you think about it. Compared to my old card its going to leave a lot of empty open space for tube routing etc.

Dispatched confirmed, getting my block tomorrow and some other bits and bobs like fittings tomorrow. We'll update tomorrow once its all assembled and installed :)

Associate
Going by alphacools website the block is: 224,9 x 121,4 x 25,5 mm so quite short if you think about it. Compared to my old card its going to leave a lot of empty open space for tube routing etc.

Dispatched confirmed, getting my block tomorrow and some other bits and bobs like fittings tomorrow. We'll update tomorrow once its all assembled and installed :)
Excellent, looking forward to the photos and update. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom