Nvidia 30X0 series waterblocks

Associate
I originally bought a silver magnitude acrylic block but ek were kind enough to sell me a black frame. It worked out well!
I was trying to figure out what you had done there. Looks the business. All those EK bits really mesh. The only part I’m personally not sure about is the accent on the magnitude. Is it yellow? Against the shine of the acrylic and chrome accents it looks a little dirty. But that is just my opinion and the build isn’t for me. Still looks awesome.

Associate
Ah it’s gold. To me, in these pictures at least, it looks like it’s tarnished against all the pop of the chrome. I would have used the Chrome accent on the CPU block as well.

Buuuut, I have my own preference and that rarely includes gold, so you can ignore this as me expressing a personal dislike. The whole thing really does look good.

Edit - or the black accent.

Last edited:
Associate
dXMWOv0.jpg

I can decide whether to include the tope rad or not. Leaving out the glass and glass mounts might be cool too.
With regards to the blocks value, I'd say it is. I don't feel ripped off, it's quite substantial. The port options don't present any additional problems either plus you get the extra piece that angles the ports in a different direction for added options.

I prefer the look without the radiator or glass similar to how it is in your first pic but minus the mounting poles for the glass.

Associate
I think that's the route I'll take, single rad, no glass. I'll run the parts in parallel too although these back tubes will be tight. vWicyFi.jpg

Ap00xN3.jpg ZZVpnIK.jpg
Have a I mentioned how much I like the look of that build? :)

How will you keep it dust free? I have a similar open air case and I was thinking of masking off contacts when I’m done and giving the entire build a blast of silicone spray. Or maybe not, unless I want it to be super slippery. But some kind of dust repellent.

Associate
MJBntw1.jpg UD7xR1L.jpg

Nearly there. I think EK's amber orange could work here.

So if anyone's interested I'd say EK's block is worth the cost. It feels like a very high quality product.

Soldato
That block is lovely, as is the build. I saw your question above, you should be fine in terms of flow in that parallel config, how I largely set mine up in HTPC. Only time I had an issue is when doing parallel with 3 GPUs and CPU after that but that's not really the norm.

Gawd EK need to get the 3090 block available, so tempting to get the Alphacool or Corsair ones which seem due sooner but know I will regret it :(

Soldato
OP
Mine arrived Friday also, however I have had it out of the box once, mixture of work and Christmas events to prepare for and participate in but I’m hoping to start building this week. I have also been thinking about removing my bottom radiator or replacing it with a slim rad, so I can mount the card vertically (O11d) as it seems a waste to not see the most expensive part of the system (and most expensive cooler!). Am I getting much from the bottom rad anyway with there being no other airflow in the case?

Associate
Such a nice looking block. My only gripe is that EK should allow you to choose the colour of the backplate. The black plate on the black block seems obvious to me (likewise silver plate on silver block)

Soldato
Bykski FTW3 3080/90 blocks up on ***Express now, £90 with RGB and a backplate.

I think backplate and block are engraved with 3090 though no matter what.

I've seen that in more cases than not with a Byski block you can use the original GPU backplate but sign quote me on that. Useful as there is a large RGB SMD LED currently shining through the EVGA cutout on the back and looks cool.

Tempted but want good fitment as this card runs hot. It's their second gen of GPU block I think first ones were fine but ran 4-5 degrees hotter than the competition due to mild contact tolerance issues.

Any thoughts? Am I being cheap to my expensive card?!

Or be patient and wait to see who reviews the best out of EK, HK, Alphacool etc. Could take a while for that data to be available and likely very little between them anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
I did set it to 4.0 a little while ago when the gou was plugged directly into the mb but forgot to reset it prior to using the riser cable. Resetting the CMOS didn't alleviate this though

Soldato
I did set it to 4.0 a little while ago when the gou was plugged directly into the mb but forgot to reset it prior to using the riser cable. Resetting the CMOS didn't alleviate this though

if you cleared the cmos thats will set everything back to auto but because your on x570 i think it will default to gen 4 regardless even if on auto, to be sure you have to go in and manually set gen 3 or 4 depending on device

Soldato
That's high, how many rads you got? I have 1 280 slim and 1 120 slim, with noctua fan, fan curve with the temp sensor on water, my card goes around 2055/2070mhz low 50 degrees. The 2 140 fan ran around 1300rpm and the slim 120 around 1500rpm

UPDATE i found the root casue of my horrid temps., the bundled ddc 3.1 pump on my distroplate has only 200l/h head pressure which is why stuff is running so warm, i've just bought a ddc 3.2 pump and a temp sensor from ocuk, checking on the perfornace of the new pump via the data sheet it can provide upto 1000l/h head pressure which is far more so i'm hopeful what i've ordered will do the trick and drop those temps :)

Soldato
UPDATE i found the root casue of my horrid temps., the bundled ddc 3.1 pump on my distroplate has only 200l/h head pressure which is why stuff is running so warm, i've just bought a ddc 3.2 pump and a temp sensor from ocuk, checking on the perfornace of the new pump via the data sheet it can provide upto 1000l/h head pressure which is far more so i'm hopeful what i've ordered will do the trick and drop those temps :)
You'd be surprised how important it is to get the flow moving when cooling the gpu. I had mine set to a minimum flow initially and realised it was causing temps to jump up a lot, you definitely flow as well as decent or optimised fan speeds for your rad to keep the gpu warm especially on Ampere.

Back
Top Bottom