Nvidia 30xx and vr.

Soldato
Or you can actually buy one:)

I think the 3900 is still where it's at, the percentage gains just aren't there 2080ti to a 3080. I hoped there'd be more from the 3090 for sure, but if you're chasing the best VR can be, then it is what it is.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks promising based on that - certainly removes a lot of the ASW/ time warp from quite a few games. Unoptimized games still tanking abit though - subnautica.

Certainly a worthy upgrade from my 1080ti - just need to find one now.

Surely at this point if you haven't already bagged one it's worth waiting a month to see what AMD has in the bag? Even more so given you are on a 1080Ti which is still not half bad, you could probably chug along on that quite happily for another month.

If I could pick up an FE at £650 I'd be tempted, but with inflated prices on AIBs and big waits for stock I'm personally just tuning out this month and waiting for AMD's RDNA presentation on the 28th October. My new G2 won't arrive until early November anyway so I'm just ignoring VR gaming until then so I can wow myself with the new kit all at once.

Associate
Surely at this point if you haven't already bagged one it's worth waiting a month to see what AMD has in the bag? Even more so given you are on a 1080Ti which is still not half bad, you could probably chug along on that quite happily for another month.

Yeah I am gonna wait and see what happens after AMD release - unless there is a real shake up I will probably still go with nvidia still though as I run a g-sync monitor. I also want to see whether the high ram cards are released as I will probably keep the card and skip the next generation.

early November anyway so I'm just ignoring VR gaming until then so I can wow myself with the new kit all at once

I know what you mean I am currently going through all my old games ATM - I will be booting up Starwars Squadrons VR at the end of the week though:D.

Back
Top Bottom