• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 8600 GTS arrived at OcUK Today!!

Soldato
Gerard said:
So its a dx10 card with practically no chance of running dx10 games decently. :confused:

How do you know DX10 wont turn out to be very efficient hense the cards running DX10 games OK. (no doubt on conservative settings tho...)

Soldato
I dunno really, even at the same price as an X1950Pro, I can see allot of people go for the X1950Pro over it due to the fact that the 8600GTS may well not not be good in DX10 so there going to buy a new card anyway, and as people say, they buy the 8800Series for DX9, so what are they going to buy for DX9? 8600GTS or X1950Pro?

OcUK Staff
OP
Slinwagh said:
Didn't the same bug happen a few months ago or was that a different issue?

Hi there

Yep it was the same bug, its not easily fixable but it takes some knowledge to find hidden products on our site so is not a huge issue for us.

OcUK Staff
OP
dgmug said:
we need true benchmarks to end this.see how good they really are .

Hi there

Sorry but the fact it only has 128-bit memory interface says it all to me. This card will be useless for anything over 1024x768 resolution. The fact it has 2000MHz memory is irrelevant when the interface is only 128-bit. Basically like running a Ferrari on diesel. :eek:

Associate
jaykay said:
do any of know how dx10 works???
DX10 is surrpose to make games run faster
allowing the games to use memory, haardisk,cpu and gpu effeciently

dx10 will give the cpu less work and among other stuff

DX is an API, and froma historical point of view, developers are VERY generous when it comes to resources. Yes, "efficient" games will come after 20 patchings and 2 years (the engine, the rest is textures really) into their lifecycle or maybe never. Endless examples.

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Hi there

Sorry but the fact it only has 128-bit memory interface says it all to me. This card will be useless for anything over 1024x768 resolution. The fact it has 2000MHz memory is irrelevant when the interface is only 128-bit. Basically like running a Ferrari on diesel. :eek:

Honest look at your own product Gibbo, commendable to say the least!

At least you aint saying these things rock because you do know they dont! Its a shame that the price is so high on them as compared to the performance its just not worth it! Even at the reduced price the extra for the 8800gts makes sence and even the x1950xt's would just rip this thing apart.

I hoenstly cant see the point of them at the price.

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Hi there

1024x768? surely 1280x1024 lol? The funny thing is about this 128bit memory interface, is that my GeForce FX5200 had a 256bit memory interface hahaha.

OcUK Staff
OP
willhub said:
1024x768? surely 1280x1024 lol? The funny thing is about this 128bit memory interface, is that my GeForce FX5200 had a 256bit memory interface hahaha.

Hi there

Not really, for high resolution the more bandwidth the better especially on todays games with AA/AF enabled. So this is really rather crippling, it should be 256-bit and then it would perform better.

Caporegime
Gibbo said:
Hi there

Not really, for high resolution the more bandwidth the better especially on todays games with AA/AF enabled. So this is really rather crippling, it should be 256-bit and then it would perform better.

SHIP IT BACK SHIP IT BACK

:p

OcUK Staff
OP
jrodga2k5 said:
Honest look at your own product Gibbo, commendable to say the least!

At least you aint saying these things rock because you do know they dont! Its a shame that the price is so high on them as compared to the performance its just not worth it! Even at the reduced price the extra for the 8800gts makes sence and even the x1950xt's would just rip this thing apart.

I hoenstly cant see the point of them at the price.

HI there

Well I can't recommend something that clearly is not good for the price. If the early reports are right and the older 7900 GT are quicker (We still sell 7900 GT for less) and X1950 Pro's are also quicker and less money then in my view I recommend people not to touch the 8600 GTS until prices drop massively or it gets a serious performance boost.

Caporegime
just wanted to see some proper game benchmarks cause all i seen is fake ones or highly dubious ones.Quite suprised these cards are gunna be turkeys as 66oogts / 7600gts have been awesome value for money and was hoping for this to be the same :(

Back
Top Bottom