• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 8600 GTS arrived at OcUK Today!!

Soldato
Tute said:
I'm shocked at the price of these, I honestly thought they'd be closer to £100 to at least give them a chance of selling, but I really think they'll struggle at that price.

exactly what i was thinking, i thought they would be going for 100 quid bang on. but they not worth it. if they were 65nm then for the low power consumption htpc users would be more into it with the hdmi etc.

Soldato
Ulfhedjinn said:
It was an on-topic reply and not intended as trolling.

Doesn't matter - Gibbo said stop it entirely, and i'd hate anyone to lose their account over anything petty. :)

Cyber-Mav said:
exactly what i was thinking, i thought they would be going for 100 quid bang on. but they not worth it. if they were 65nm then for the low power consumption htpc users would be more into it with the hdmi etc.

Plus that's not even factoring in drivers. If the past few months are anything to go by, you're going to be waiting ages for some good drivers anyway.

I'm really shocked, I thought nVidia had this mid-range thing nailed down, after all the 7600GT was an absolutely stonking card, fantastic value for money and good performance, slightly better than X850XT/6800U IIRC. :)

Soldato
Tute said:
Doesn't matter - Gibbo said stop it entirely, and i'd hate anyone to lose their account over anything petty. :)
But I wasn't being argumentative, just discussing the cooling required to overclock it to 1GHz. :(

*Sends Jack Bauer to get you.* :o

Soldato
Ulfhedjinn said:
But I wasn't being argumentative, just discussing the cooling required to overclock it to 1GHz. :(

*Sends Jack Bauer to get you.* :o

No point in even trying to run then. :(

*sits there and waits for the inevitable*

Soldato
easyrider said:
Yeah I would just get the x1950 pro.

At least that way you have better DX9 performance.

And lets face it,at this moment in time thats what counts :)

*Wipes eye* , *Sits in disbelief*

Cyber-Mav said:
hehe they been watering it down again have they?

Nope small thing about contaminated fuel though. ;) ,

Soldato
Raikiri said:
Wow, like I said it could have been a good card. Shame about the price.

Needs to be a lot less (around the £90-100 mark) for it to be worth while, will still sell though because it is DX10.

Agreed, i thought it would cost between £125-£150 once it hit the shelves, which in my opinion is too much. :)

Soldato
I was really looking forward to this card, as i have always been a user of NV's mid range cards... (66gt, 76gt etc) once again they have proven themselves with a mah00sive core clock, with fantastic clockability (heh, i invented a word :D) but when i heard about the memory bandwidth, i just knew what was going to happen :(

This card really had potential to be great, big shame that it clearly isn't as good as it should be...

Looks like im going to have to either stick with these 76gt's or think about getting an 8800gts (as there is clearly no point in NOT spending the extra £20 on them) or perhaps (dare i say..) i should be thinking of finally using ATI....

Back
Top Bottom