• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
i would strongly think on that, if you are going to use rage mode & SAM or smart access memory, then it may be a good idea and faster, however if you are not reduce the current Graphs by 5-15% as SAm adds 5%-10% & rage adds 5-10% also
AMD have stated RAGE adds 1-2%, SAM in deed adds 5-10%m according to AMD

Associate
I saw it briefly listed at either £798 or £789 at one point (I literally thought I was going mad) some of the other OC models were at £719 - when the cheapest cards were at £499 just before they got reset to £469-649. Now £518-£680...

Wonder if this is why AMD priced the 6800 at the price they have? It's above the 3070 in performance but also a step higher in msrp price but looking at the 3070 prices shown by you guys here the 6800 price seems similar or less for more performance when you look at the real world price of the 3070??

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Wonder if this is why AMD priced the 6800 at the price they have? It's above the 3070 in performance but also a step higher in msrp price but looking at the 3070 prices shown by you guys here the 6800 price seems similar or less for more performance when you look at the real world price of the 3070??

Real world prices of the AIB 3070, 3080 are all way more than FE. This is why its unfair for the reviewers/fanboys comparing £/fps/w when the actual prices people are paying are way different. The average 3080 on OcUK is £800!

Soldato

Probably but lets see how AMD cards are priced and whether they hit MRSP.
Its been quite clear that historically NVIDIA's MSRP is not what the cards actually sell for.

Associate
I reckon Nvidia will be releasing cards with more vram to counter this.

Normally I'd agree, because it's case of RAM = epeen = betterpeen

But Nvidia have to dole out for GDDR6X vRAM which I expect is more expensive than the GDDR6 that AMD is using, and so to keep their hardware competitive from a price point I fully expect them to remain sensible with the vRAM and keep it to a minimum. It's not punishing them in benchmarks vs 16Gb cards so most people wont care.

Back
Top Bottom