1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by LoadsaMoney, 4 Oct 2019.

1. bisoner

Gangster

I know it's been covered before but won't really high pricing just push gamers towards the new consoles. Surely this will help AMD more than Nvidia.

I've got a GTX1080 and unless the 3070 or AMD equivalent is sensibly priced, I'll pass. I'm assuming the mooted gains over the 2K series cards are real.

2. five8five

Wise Guy

Last edited: 14 Aug 2020
  3. five8five

Wise Guy

To be honest, is anything leaked at the moment real?

4. five8five

Wise Guy

Didn't that very thing happen with Maxwell. Then there was a massive stampede to buy :D
    Gibbo loved it :p

5. Chuk_Chuk

Wise Guy

@five8five Fixed it now:D

6. five8five

Wise Guy

:D

7. Grim5

Soldato

The
    Plus each unit sold Gibbo will make a donation to the Ferrari make a wish foundation

8. bru

Soldato

$2000 seems rediculous, unless that is the Titan replacement, Which was $2400 I think.

9. Poneros

Soldato

Kinda, I think what it is is that it's the Titan replacement for gaming, because quite a few people bought the Titans for gaming simply because of the extra vram. But you'll still have Titan besides that, with even more vram and thus even more focused on their intended niche: ML/DL researchers.

So essentially they're just adding more price tiers ever upwards. :D

10. Stu999

Wise Guy

Getting deja vu from the Turing thread.

11. TNA

Capodecina

Can’t remember, but sounds about right. People lap it up, it just works!

I think they may do the same for AMD, but the opposite. Hype it up, then when it comes out people are disappointed. Lol.

12. Sargatanas2511

Mobster

I would very much like a 3080Ti/3090 but I definitely have strict limits on how much I will pay. With any luck AMD will see it as an opportunity to steal market share if these numbers are true.

13. Poneros

Soldato

https://videocardz.com/newz/micron-confirms-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-gets-21gbps-gddr6x-memory

14. opethdisciple

Capodecina

Exactly if they do release with more insane prices than last gen, then only a very few people will buy them. More will look at AMD and the consoles.

15. Stu999

Wise Guy

Don’t disappoint the AMD fanboys and YouTubers who make money from talking ****.

16. humbug

Caporegime

Like Intel Nvidia's high price structure is baked in, they have been doing it so long now its become a part of their revenue and margin growth structure, investors expect to see that growth to continue, its why the share value is so high, like a Ponzi Scheme, people throw money at Nvidia because Nvidia is constantly growing, the more they grow the more money investors throw at them.

All it takes is for Nvidia to have a couple of quarters where they stop growing or contract and people get nervous enough to start pulling their money out, that starts an implosion cascade.

Nvidia have to keep the cycle of growth going and that means increasing the amount of money they get from you again.

17. Satchfanuk

Hitman

They're making assumptions there are two processors. The only thing we can see from the picture is that whoever took the photo placed an Intel CPU over the GPU solder points to hide the size of the die being used. We can't gain anymore knowledge than that.

Also - 'Turing' - are we going back in time :p

Last edited: 14 Aug 2020
  18. Poneros

Soldato

GPU rumour mill today be like

[​IMG]

19. Twinz

Wise Guy

One. Single. Generation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/c...i_the_rtx_3080_has_about_20_increase/fyrfh3a/

20. JediFragger

Capodecina

21Gbps GDDR6X? Oooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffffffffffff nice!