• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
https://twitter.com/hms1193/status/1294194924095713281

tenor.gif

So an RTX3080 is over £1000?? 40% faster than an RTX2080TI is pathetic.

perfrel_3840_2160.png

The GTX1080TI was 85% faster than the GTX980TI for a $50 increase in launch price.

Caporegime
Then with AMD nowadays being a company that likes to make a little money (and possible 7nm constraints, so they won't have a great deal to sell anyhow) will be joining them at those price points ;) :D

Poor people will have to make do with previous gen for 6 months ish until supply is plentiful ;) lol

Soldato
That is why I do not think it will cost that much. Just a bunch of fake news imo.

People thought the same about Turing rumours. We got 40% more performance for the RTX2080TI for at least a 40% price increase. So what is an RTX3060 going to cost?? £500.

Let's see all the spineless reviewers wax lyrical at the RTX3060,then ignore the mainstream being pushed to what was enthusiast pricing during Maxwell.

I have zero faith in AMD too. During the HD4000 series,Nvidia tried this stunt with the GTX280,and ATI released the HD4870 which is only slightly slower,and caused Nvidia to crater prices.

They will just price it a bit lower,and say they are value.

RTX 3080 = RTX 2080 Ti price ($1200?)
RTX 3090 = New higher price tier ($2000)

+- depending on if the different vram configs are true

Let's see how these companies start fairing when the recession actually starts to bite over the next two years. All this nonsensical pricing does is screwing entry level and mainstream gamers more and more. This is why a Ryzen 5 or Core i5 sells more than £300+ CPUs.

Soldato
if they can't price gouge the high end then they may go for the low end especially if they add tensor cores throughout the stack.

Nvidia will do both. What people don't understand is by jacking up the price at the top end,it pushes up the entire range. People always moan about consoles holding back PC gaming,but you just have to look at Steam,and realise most gamers seem to buy according to price. So what happens at entry level and mainstream pricing points,performance increases are going all wonky.They are the silent majority of gamers. It used to be a mainstream GPU was almost the previous generation high end GPU. Stuff such as the 6600GT and 8800GT.

Like I said the GTX980TI was priced under £600. Now look at how the RTX2080TI is well over £1000,and if the rumours are true,then RTX3080TI/RTX3090 are even higher.

Soldato
New chart up, R = replacement for; I'm more unsure about this one wrt lower end cards. Obviously tho a big piece missing is vram, so that may skew the view a bit.

jhORyqx.png

Soldato
$2000? highly sceptical of that unless 3090 is the new branding for the Titan cards, which I don't really see any benefit in doing so.

..At that price level Nvidia have simply decided to fleece the 1% for as much as possible, knowing that $2000 to that demographic is a completely inconsequential amount, I suppose.

Caporegime
$2000? highly sceptical of that unless 3090 is the new branding for the Titan cards, which I don't really see any benefit in doing so.

..At that price level Nvidia have simply decided to fleece the 1% for as much as possible, knowing that $2000 to that demographic is a completely inconsequential amount, I suppose.

Its AMD's fault for not having a faster card for $800.

Soldato
So RTX3090=similar to RTX2080TI price/performance,and RTX3080 worse than RTX2080 price/performance??
Yes, but could be 20 GB vram.

edit: Obviously, this is all just hearsay. Truth be told besides Jensen and a few of his top guys no one knows what pricing will be. Who knows, maybe Nvidia will charge less this time. :D

Soldato
Anyway, all these price rumours and performance increases has done nothing but confirm my opinion that these 3xxx cards are really only a sensible upgrade if you're running a 10xx series, or older, GPU.

Anyone running a GPU at the 2070 level or upwards should really skip them and wait for the 4xxx cards in couple of years. Only the dedicated enthusiasts, who simply have to have the latest & greatest, should consider an upgrade each and every generation...

Back
Top Bottom