• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
If the 3080 is £600 I'm going for that. Will be nice to have an even better graphics card than the current gen's top tier, for that price.

Same here. Either that or 2080ti second hand. The issue I'm predicting is that most 2080ti holders will be too attached to what they paid for it, not reducing their prices much, even if the newly launched cards come cheaper/better.

Caporegime
EgxhI0JXcAAFARH

Ok this is simply the best Nvidia meme ever created... I genuinely lol'd. Kudos to the guy who came up with that. :D

Soldato
If AMD can sprinkle even a little Ryzen magic dust on to RDNA2 then they might be able to deliver something significant.

But Nvidia are not Intel. They have not been getting complacent and resting on their laurels. They have more gas in the tank if they need to raise the stakes should AMD deliver a challenge in the market.
They were complacent with Turing. If the rumours surronding the development of Ampere and Nvidias relationship with TSMC are true, they were complacent again with Ampere.

Soldato
Same here. Either that or 2080ti second hand. The issue I'm predicting is that most 2080ti holders will be too attached to what they paid for it, not reducing their prices much, even if the newly launched cards come cheaper/better.

yeah if you’ve got a £1200 2080ti you would have to shift for £600 then find another big chunk of money for a 3080 or 3090, those extra frames don’t seem worth it anymore.

That’s the hole you dig for yourself though when you buy such a poor value card.

Soldato
Can you clarify that statement as I dont give a pipers tickle about pricing, VRAM, or performance. Certainly not going to go out and try a pre-order a card. Probably be happy with my 8gb card till next year and will wait till the dust settles. (or the fighting whichever is quicker)

The longer you wait the more you save...

Associate
They were complacent with Turing. If the rumours surronding the development of Ampere and Nvidias relationship with TSMC are true, they were complacent again with Ampere.

I think the big difference in Intel and Nvidia situation is that Intel have exploited the market so long they've put themselves massively behind from an innovation standpoint, with catastrophic fab process failures.

Where Nvidia have just exploited the market, knowing full well they can pull a rabbit out of their hats within 12 months and give us what they're really capable of producing.

Soldato
They wont sell Nvidia cards. Partner cards will come later. Nvidia will sell the £100 extra hot and loud cards to the morons first.

Actually the morons IMO are the people who spend hundreds extra on a bit of noise and temperature reduction and maybe some fancy lights.

Soldato
They wont sell Nvidia cards. Partner cards will come later. Nvidia will sell the £100 extra hot and loud cards to the morons first.

The people who liquid cool are morons? Blower cards also have their place in SFF cases where the heat isn't exhausted off the card directly into the case, rather straight out of the case through the card. What a stupid thing to say.

Back
Top Bottom