• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Caporegime
At what point will people say no to the 3090?

Chinese websites are listing it at an eye watering £2700.00+

I think I will be hard pushed to go beyond £1500..
There will be people who would buy the halo product at almost any price, up to £10k!

A more interesting question (to me) is how far they can push the pricing on the xx60 and xx70 tiers. These are tiers where people want value for money.

Caporegime
I took about 8-9 weeks off work this year and pretty much played from 8am until 10pm most days lol.
You must be feeling really healthy after 2 months of that... :eek:

I did similar (actually probably a bit worse) once playing Neverwinter Nights multiplayer and it basically gave me RSI...

Last edited:
Caporegime
At what point will people say no to the 3090?

Chinese websites are listing it at an eye watering £2700.00+

I think I will be hard pushed to go beyond £1500..

No way will it be £2700+. Every AIB has several models of 3090 on offer. They wouldnt have done several models if the price was going to be £2700+ as the market for sales would be so limited.

I am actually surprised they have done several models at the £1400+ price point tbh................Maybe they are going to be £800???? :O

Associate
No way will it be £2700+. Every AIB has several models of 3090 on offer. They wouldnt have done several models if the price was going to be £2700+ as the market for sales would be so limited.

I am actually surprised they have done several models at the £1400+ price point tbh................Maybe they are going to be £800???? :O

£800 for the 12 pin adapter maybe.

Associate

£800 looks pretty unlikely with that HUGE die size on a relatively expensive node.

My stab in the dark at why there is no 3080ti is the yields on this die are trash and NVidia aren't getting enough ti capable dies to justify an extra SKU... Better off selling more cut-down 3080's and a much higher margin 3090.

Associate
I heard that Jensen will give you a 10% discount on the RTX 3090 if you can fit the whole thing up your backside (no lube, bracket-end first). It makes the pain of handing over £1,XXX seem like less in comparison. :D

Associate
I did over 1739 in BF4 and 1056 in PUBG. Man up and stay up later! :D

Back in the day with BF1942 I think I managed to wrack up basically those kind of numbers, it was something just shy of 2000 hours I think. Sadly I can't invest that much time into gaming as an adult, although I've racked up 45.9 hours of Fall Guys on steam now, 6 wins, baby!

Soldato
There's normally cards for everyone's price range though.

no one forces people to buy the fastest car. I have a old run about as that's all I need and want. I could play on a AMD 580 and turn every detail down but I don't want that...

That's a strange justification for the price bands going up. I mean each to their own but I personally find it crazy that people seem to be happy with a 70% price increase across 2 generations for what is meant to be the same tier of product.

Associate
Back in the day with BF1942 I think I managed to wrack up basically those kind of numbers, it was something just shy of 2000 hours I think. Sadly I can't invest that much time into gaming as an adult, although I've racked up 45.9 hours of Fall Guys on steam now, 6 wins, baby!

You spent 2000 hours out of 700800 hours. That's 0.28% of your life on one game. Damnnn

Back
Top Bottom