• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Would Nvidia have been better off keeping the Titan name for the 3090?

People are getting their knickers in a twist thinking that it’s a gaming GPu at a ridiculous price, when it’s clearly not. It could also have led to more sales as psychologically people will think “WOW! I’m getting a Titan for £1500”, rather than lumping them in with the standard range.

Nah the Titan is still likely to come with 48GB :p

Soldato
So what do we reckon 1080Tis will be worth once the dust settles? £250-300?
Depends, we might see a 3060 eat that whole market up. I'm giving my 980ti to my brother because it's not going to be worth much. 1080ti might become the new 980ti and drop to 150 if a cheap 3060 is announced.

Associate
Well, if AMD don't leak anything promising, I'm going for a 3070. I game at 1440p, so 8GB will be plenty; plus the announcement of the IO which allows the GPU to load data from storage (nvme) seems to be what has allowed them to not increase the RAM amount. For the price it seems a hell of a performer, although will want to see benchmarks before I actually keep it.

Associate
After seeing most of the designs from manufacturers i think the founders edition looks the best. Shame about the 12 pin being in the middle on a diagonal

Soldato
Well, if AMD don't leak anything promising, I'm going for a 3070. I game at 1440p, so 8GB will be plenty; plus the announcement of the IO which allows the GPU to load data from storage (nvme) seems to be what has allowed them to not increase the RAM amount. For the price it seems a hell of a performer, although will want to see benchmarks before I actually keep it.
Im hoping the lack of GDDR6X on the 3070 doesn't cripple RTX IO too much.

Back
Top Bottom