• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Dual Monitor Setup query ?

Associate
Either im missing something really obvious or Nvidia's dual monitor options are the worst thing ever.

Ive previously been used to ATI Dual screen setups with my work machine, i now have Nvidia and i must say im not impressed with the options for dual screen, Its either clone setup or spread across two screens. Now i now that on my ATI setup you had an option to spread the screen across two screens but the primary one would be the only screen with the taskbar and both screens would act indipendatly if you know what i mean. I.E i could maximise an app in each screen.

Anyway i hope someone knows what i mean and more to the point, i hope this shoddy Nvidia software is capable of it because im really not happy with this spread screen rubbish !!!!

Thanks from one very frustrated new Nvidia User.

:D

Associate
nvidia can do that, as it is how i have mine, they call it "extended desktop" i believe... and you do it from within display settings "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" checkbox.

Mud

Mud

Soldato
Display Properties->Settings->Advanced->*Card Name*->nView Display Settings
->nView Display mode

No dualview option? :confused:

Soldato
DualView is ok, you can setup each screen with different resolutions.

Although all I really want to do on mine is have it display full screen video at a custom resolution. I don't like losing the mouse cursor on my main screen, so I'll have to figure that one out.

DualView is found in the Nvidia control panel under display -> change display configuration

Back
Top Bottom