• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia GeForce GT240 woes.

Man of Honour
No don't get the latest drivers... grab 191.07 or if on XP 186.18.

If your mainly playing FSX tho I'd advise to get your hands on a GTS250 they are still the daddy for that game unless you play at very high res.

Man of Honour
I'd take a GeForce card and a 1080p projector over that any day for FSX personally IMO eyefinity on 3x TFTs can't come close to matching 100" wallsized display :D

Associate
OP
Ok did some testing by myself in an empty server.
While inside the ockpit i get an avg FPS of 12
Outisde Avg.FPS of 20
Looking straight into the sky Avg FPS of 40-50
Odd
When i jumped into a competative server frames dropped to 2-5FPS avg while just sitting on the ground idling my engine.
Just a note i am using IL2 1946 for testing NOT FSX.

Associate
OP
Ok
I already have CPU - ID so this is what it says.

Processor-
Name: Intel pentium D 820
Code Name: SmithField
Package: Socket 775 LGA
Technology: 90nm
Core Voltage: 1.344V (at time of reading)
Specification: Intel (R) Pentium (R) D CPU 2.80Ghz

Need anything else from that page. Thats the basics.

Caporegime
I'm just wondering if by upgrading to the card you have now, which is superior to what you had, you may be experiencing a bottleneck. Just a thought.

Permabanned
^^^
Marine stop sending this poor guy on a wild goose chase!
It's not like he's not already having problems... so it doesn't help when you add to them by giving ill advice, sorry to sound harsh as I'm sure you are only trying to help but it's clear you don't have a clue.

Permabanned
At this stage i am willing to try anything.
Please go on guys.

The most logical explanation is buggy drivers, which considering the games age will likely never be fixed.

The above statement may not be true, but it is by far the most likely cause...

Hence my previous quote (and numerous other warnings of what I knew would transcribe) yet you don't seem to want to take any notice.

Yes it is... I'm saving you from wasting a load of time only to then finally return the card and get what was suggested.

Thats all I'v got to say on the matter, good luck...

Back
Top Bottom