• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 problem

Associate
I've run into an issue with my GPU (GTX 780) and I was hoping someone would be able to throw some ideas at me to help solve the problem or tell me the card has died.

I'll try to be brief so the issues as they happened;

• My monitor started getting black screens with the message "No Signal Input".

• The machine would continue to run, but the only way to rectify the issue was to reboot. This problem would happen randomly from time to time. (Maybe a few days, maybe the next hour.)

I checked all wires and connections and unplugged / plugged everything back.

• The system reverts to 640 resolution and is currently running off my Intel HD Graphics 4600.

• Windows reports an error in device manager. "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I've uninstalled and reinstalled hardware / software and I've been unable to troubleshoot the issue.

Is this the end for the little guy? Does the card need to be replaced or is there something I could give one last go? Any suggests are greatly appreciated.

Associate
OP
No problem my friend, if your computer runs fine with the onboard hd 4600 then it does point to the gpu or psu more than likely the gpu.

So what's your next move ?

Well, I thought I'd give it one last shot here on OC, I've sort of given in to the fact I'll need to replace the card but got frustrated over the past couple of weeks waiting for cards to drop in price thanks to the bloody mining craze.

My budget is around £300 and ideally I'd want a 1070, so you can see the predicament.

Back
Top Bottom