1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by EVH, 1 Oct 2020.

1. percept

Gangster

It probably depends on what brand your after. If it's Asus, MSI or EVGA, then don't hold your breath - the queues are either long or have little movement....or both. I can't see those queues being cleared for 4 months. The rest are either less popular or are moving quicker, so they might come back in sooner.

But then again, it seems OCUK's plan of securing lots of orders to put them a better position to secure stock, kind of back fired... so maybe they won't do it again.

2. Potentail

Gangster

I ordered literally 2 mins after you and I’m 110 in the queue

3. T.satou

Associate

Thanks man! Yeah, waiting for the weekend and start the NR200P build.

and DPD just literally handed me the RTX 3080 AMP Holo 2 minutes ago! Happy Days!!!!

4. George whitehurst

Associate

Wonder if they are not now telling people so they can sell to the miners like nvidia. Also any people had any updates on msi gaming x trio yet?

5. deardevildude

Gangster

Im hoping I get my Palit 3080 from OcUK before Cyberpunk. Im pos 18 in the Gaming Pro 3080 and they have a "small" amount coming in this week. And according to Gibbo small is 10-30 units. So im crossing everything hoping they get enough in.

I booked the 10th and 11th off work for Cyberpunk so if I get my 3080 before it then I will be happy as f**k about it. I mean my 2070 Super will do but if I get my 3080 i think ill cry tears of happiness at this point.

6. Capacila

Associate

congrats man! i would be really ****** if this carried like this till Friday and i'll find out i'm like 2 now in the queue or something like that! :mad::mad:

7. oDevvoHD

Associate

No, but I am 86 in the queue so fingers crossed before Christmas but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

8. Nucleus

Associate

any Tuf non oc on the horizon?

9. George whitehurst

Associate

I'm queue position 4 on msi gaming x trio im hoping they send out another batch on Friday like last week getting more impatient

10. Cameron Lunn

Associate

Hey there - so my 3080 finally arrived (hurrah!). Wasn't it supposed to come with a copy of the new Watch Dogs?

I ordered my graphics card on launch day (about an hour after a friend who got his digital code), but have not seen one. Any idea?

Thanks

11. nimroduk007

Associate

Apparently they have now given the codes to the first 1000 cards shipped not the first 1000 cards ordered, even if you got it on your order, it means nothing.

12. Coowhan

Gangster

The lack of updates from here is laughable. What's with the constant news of shipping from people on certain cards yet no update from Gibbo of them ever even coming in? ie. The zotac for example, and the MSI trio's last week along with others. This company is a joke.

13. nimroduk007

Associate

I really don't think they care, wouldn't be surprised if they've just stopped trying to get them just because of the way people are ripping in to them[reviews etc]

14. Teal

Wise Guy

Even if they had any codes left, the Watch Dogs redemption period ended yesterday so the code would be useless.

15. Dugganator

Wise Guy

Ocuk would be mental to do this, I mean this must already be impacting sales, but if what I’m understanding your saying is that OCUK are blaming the customers for purchasing something they allowed preorder/orders on #ocuklogic

16. Dynax

Associate

I was hoping my card would arrive by my birthday... but alas, here that day is and no graphics card :(

17. Generalray

Gangster

Have they even shipped 1,000?!

18. Flisker

Associate

Happy Birthday! Maybe next year.

19. Dugganator

Wise Guy

happy disappointment day but at least it’s your birthday, hope you get a few beers in to help with the pain. I’m in the same boat and no beers :(

20. nimroduk007

Associate

Just seems strange that supply has been worse the longer we go and other places seem to be getting a lot more stock, they are either not trying or they are not the big shot company they claim to be.

21. Dynax

Associate

The fact that there are more 3090's available makes me wonder if nVidia are hoping people will just buy them instead, so they can make more money. I do not blame OcUK for what has happened, or how it has been handled. They are caught between a rock and a hard place. Whatever they did to try and alleviate the issue, there would be people yelling at them about it.

At this point, having tried to get a 6800XT, i'll be trying for a 6900XT.

@Gibbo don't suppose you'd let me buy one of the 6800XT's you have? You said you had a delivery of some, but not enough to be worth putting on sale given the demand. it is my birthday after all. you'd let me buy one right? PM me! I promise I won't post about it if you do :D (it's worth a try, right?)