• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I feel that this is a quite a kick in the teeth for us that have no chance of getting our card before the end of the month, I ordered on release day (TUF Non-OC) and through no fault of my own stand no chance of getting my card before months end (currently ~310 in the queue for this model). Surely Nvidia should do the right thing and give OCuk codes for the currently running promotion at the time of dispatch for us that have this promotion on our order email, that would be the decent thing to do and show goodwill, yes it may not be Watch Dogs Legion, or even Call of Duty by the time we get our cards but it would be something, and I think many customers that are in the same situation as me would find this to be an adequate solution, as we would still get "a" game with our cards as we were promised.
I'm sure that there are contractual issues which Nvidia can't bypass. They are aware of how much of a bad taste it will leave but they are limited (or at least the UK team are) in what they can do.

The hard & fast rule is that you need the card to redeem the code, so we at OcUK are suggesting that, once you get a card from us you contact our customer service team and we'll see if we can sort out a code for whichever valid promotion is running at that time.

Associate
There are some arriving next week. Not a lot but this is one of the cards which I've been able to give Gibbo some of my SI allocation because I've had to stop selling the Glacier PC for now due to lack of case & cooler stock.

Thank you for getting back to me. This is the kind of support people on this forum have been craving. We understand you can't give exact numbers and dates etc but just some sort of acknowledgement that we exist is greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work sir @ScottiB

Associate
7gtFPVc.jpg

The card arrived today so I'm out. Will sort out my cancel form tomorrow. Glad to be off of the OC train to nowhere.

Card is super quiet compared to my EVGA FTW GTX1080.

Just waiting for a water block for it. EK hasn't developed one yet for the 3090. I might go for a Bitpower block they look pretty good. It won't be purchased from OC whatever it is.

I'll keep my eye on the forum, good luck in getting your card soon and Merry Christmas all.

Man of Honour
7gtFPVc.jpg

The card arrived today so I'm out. Will sort out my cancel form tomorrow. Glad to be off of the OC train to nowhere.

Just waiting for a water block for it. EK hasn't developed one yet for the 3090. I might go for a Bitpower block they look pretty good. It won't be purchased from OC whatever it is.

I'll keep my eye on the forum, good luck in getting your card soon and Merry Christmas all.
Sweet looking setup :)

Associate
7gtFPVc.jpg

Sweet looking setup :)

Thanks, Still a work in progress because of 5900x is a couple weeks away yet.

Associate
I'm sure that there are contractual issues which Nvidia can't bypass. They are aware of how much of a bad taste it will leave but they are limited (or at least the UK team are) in what they can do.

The hard & fast rule is that you need the card to redeem the code, so we at OcUK are suggesting that, once you get a card from us you contact our customer service team and we'll see if we can sort out a code for whichever valid promotion is running at that time.

as soon as I get my card I’m sending a stinky email to nvidia if I don’t get a code.

Soldato
Although just remember that at any given moment there are literally tens of thousands of people in the UK all trying to buy the handful of cards that are dropping each day so a certain amount of luck is required.
That was my thinking too!

However a 3080 is arriving tomorrow and I’m not a lucky person! Fast yes and had to accept ‘which 3080’ I was given!

Associate
Did anyone get an MSI Suprim? $899 or £670 LOOL

What! there are Suprims in the wild in the uk? I saw some people order from a DE site, but they oversold and lots got cancelled.

Edit: curious to know what Overclockers will do with any Suprims they get them.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey @ScottiB , what are the chances of more than 4 Ventus Cards coming in next week? I'm 4th for the past 3 weeks and I live in the EU. OCUK support said they can't guarentee delivery in the event of no deal brexit. It's looking likely that I'll have to make a decision by the 18th at the latest.

Soldato

I don't get why they need to add a redeem time limit anyway, that's just scummy!

Associate
That was my thinking too!

However a 3080 is arriving tomorrow and I’m not a lucky person! Fast yes and had to accept ‘which 3080’ I was given!

I'm not fussy about what card I get and I've resigned myself to the fact I'm going to have to pay more than I was hoping. That being said I'm not paying £899 for a £700 card. Which is what I saw one going for on a certain competitor site on Friday. I'll see what next week brings.

Soldato
I'm not fussy about what card I get and I've resigned myself to the fact I'm going to have to pay more than I was hoping. That being said I'm not paying £899 for a £700 card. Which is what I saw one going for on a certain competitor site on Friday. I'll see what next week brings.
I don’t know if I paid RRP or over as it’s a newly released card , certainly cheaper than what OCUK has it listed for!

Associate
I don’t know if I paid RRP or over as it’s a newly released card , certainly cheaper than what OCUK has it listed for!

Quite a few places have slapped on about 50 quid or so. I can handle 50 but I'm not paying 150 extra just to have a card. The scandalous thing is what you see big online stores scalping. Its scummy scalping at any time but seeing big supposedly reputable stores doing it is particularly below par I think. There's one particularly bad offender I've seen.

Last edited:
Associate
Are you still going on about this, really, even after the shop replied to you in the FCD, you broke the forum rules, you had a short temporary suspension and that was that but you just keep giving :rolleyes:

And 1984, really? Because you can't promote other retailers over the shop that pays good money to run these forums, shocker!

If it were 1984 we wouldn't leave up the posts like the one I'm replying to now ;)

Seriously, get a refund if you're not happy with the pre-order situation and try and buy somewhere else.

So anymore on this will be deleted, as beating a dead horse just isn't cricket dear boy :)

Ohh I did gave you guys 2 weeks then went elsewhere due to the lack of updates, got one within 10 minutes of trying

Associate
Quite a few places have slapped on about 50 quid or so. I can handle 50 but I'm not paying 150 extra just to have a card. The scandalous thing is what you see big online stores scalping. Its scummy scalping at any time but seeing big supposedly reputable sores doing it is particularly below par I think. There's one particularly bad offender I've seen.

Know exactly what you mean my card a 3090 was £225.00 cheaper than here where I bought it from

Associate
I believe when they said 1500 cards they meant including day one, when they sold majority of these, even before queues formed. You seem to be ignoring initial stock in your assumption, which is why it doesn't seem to make sense to you.

They only had a handful of initial stock hence why all cards went on Backorder virtually straight away. I think they only had maybe 100 across all cards if that.

Back
Top Bottom