• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Does anyone know what the ******* situation is with OCUK and their stock issues, it seems that stock updates are becoming an absolute myth at this point, having to wait a whole week just to get told they have 10 Palit cards coming in, like what the **** is that supposed to be ?? We're in December for christ sake, Stock isn't supposed to be this drastically worse than launch month ????? I'm sorry for the language but i didn't spend £800 premium for a card, only to get told they have 10 Palit cards coming in for the whole ******* week.

Associate
Does anyone know what the ******* situation is with OCUK and their stock issues, it seems that stock updates are becoming an absolute myth at this point, having to wait a whole week just to get told they have 10 Palit cards coming in, like what the **** is that supposed to be ?? We're in December for christ sake, Stock isn't supposed to be this drastically worse than launch month ????? I'm sorry for the language but i didn't spend £800 premium for a card, only to get told they have 10 Palit cards coming in for the whole ******* week.

@ScottiB can probably explain in detail, however to cut a long story short, there's simply **** all supply coming into the UK at the moment. OcUK are doing what they can, but they can't provide that which doesn't exist.

Associate
What! there are Suprims in the wild in the uk? I saw some people order from a DE site, but they oversold and lots got cancelled.

Edit: curious to know what Overclockers will do with any Suprims they get them.
I asked about this on other cards, they will be sold first come first served.

Associate
Supposedly a batch due to arrive at the airport next week, fingers crossed
as im also waiting patiently... Well not so patiently anymore as I find i have been checking this thread every hour for the last 24 Hours

That batch was supposed to have arrived last Monday. Even then if that is for UK, OC may get 3 as they seem to be last in pecking order for any stock.

Soldato
Quite a few places have slapped on about 50 quid or so. I can handle 50 but I'm not paying 150 extra just to have a card. The scandalous thing is what you see big online stores scalping. Its scummy scalping at any time but seeing big supposedly reputable stores doing it is particularly below par I think. There's one particularly bad offender I've seen.
I paid £829 for a Zotac Amp holo. I also have a preorder with OCUK for a inno3d ichill x4 at £700 but I’ve got more chance of seeing Father Christmas than one of those so....

Once the dust settles I will buy a MSI Suprim but am more than happy with any 3080 until then!

Associate
I don't get why they need to add a redeem time limit anyway, that's just scummy!

That is probably part of the terms under which Nvidia pay for the redeemed codes.

They effectively limit their liability to pay, and draw a line under the campaign by setting a date.

Without a date they would either have to pay for all the codes issued even if not redeemed, or they would be forever tracking and making small payments.

These sort of deals are typically done on a single payment for a fixed number of codes and no limit on redemption period or a price per redeemed code and a limited period.

Older and less well known titles tend to do the first, more premium titles will usually do the second, and of course some developers will give a manufacturer free codes just to get trialware into a box, or for brand awareness.

Associate
I've gone from queue position 1171 to queue position 1143 in a week. I'm wondering if the queue is shorter for the Asus TUF RTX 3080 OC because at this rate, I'll still be waiting in March.
At position 1143 moving 28 cards a week you'll be looking at nearly 41 weeks. So around September-ish. Hopefully things will ramp up.

Associate
Good morning, who's ready for a new week of disappointment? Chances to be playing CB2077 on lunch day look grim minute by minute.. worst is i sold my 1080ti to get this card and now I'm looking at an empty case for the last 2 weeks...

Soldato
OOOhh, today is a good day. My 5900x arrived yesterday and I've just had shipping notification for my 3080 Eagle for delivery tomorrow. Not from here unfortuantely

I ordered both that are coming about 2-3 weeks ago via discord a competitor at RRP who was randomly releasing stock every few hours. My other pre-order of a 3080 I ordered at 2.15pm on launch day at another competitor is still nowhere to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom