• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Historically they have always been willing to split and order so they can ship in-stock items, but they have never held stock while waiting for out of stock items.

If that has changed it would obviously be good news from a customer perspective, but I'd want to get that one in writing for sure :)
i dont think they can split mine because its all on finance

Associate
Historically they have always been willing to split and order so they can ship in-stock items, but they have never held stock while waiting for out of stock items.

If that has changed it would obviously be good news from a customer perspective, but I'd want to get that one in writing for sure :)

This is what they sent me when I ordered a cpu cooler and case. Getting a bit off topic though

Hi Andrew, I believe these cases are due in within the first couple of weeks of October. Stock of the cooler has been allocated to your order so the case not being in stock won't mean we give your cooler to someone else. I can split the order for you though it's no problem. It'll get moved onto a totally separate order though so when you receive shipping confirmation in the next day or so it'll only be for the cooler.

Associate
My resolve cracked last night and I now have an MSI 3090 Suprim coming (plus 850W PSU to handle it). If it arrives and works ok I'll drop out of my queue position (over 700) on the 3080 Gaming X Trio.

To make up for this extravagance I'm going to forego a Mountainbike upgrade this year. Whilst i can afford it all the Derbyshire part of me feels I should pay this penance :)
ooh! the extravagance! get both, you only live once!! the Manchester part of me says it will be alright!! no seriously though, hope you love it and enjoy the excess vram to the max! think of it as future proofing for now or at least until the next gen!! - and say three hail marys.

Associate
Cool, as long as you're aware. If you do run into any trouble there's been some suggestions that undervolting can get the same if not marginally better performance with obviously less power draw, so that could help if need be.

I did read about undervolting only recently, and in these forums. It sounds right up my street, I'm looking forwards to tinkering! I use a Bequiet case as I've always put high value in low noise. It'll great if i can minimise this GPU's heat/fan noise to stick to that ethos.

Associate
It does deoend on total draw of course. I will only use M2 drives and no Sata devices Two RAM sticks, and only 3 case fans. I won't do further overclocking, and will be using a 5900x which doesn't have huge power draw. I use a Dark power pro 4 air cooler (as moving physical/liquid around takes more power I expect)

The ideal efficiency is to run a psu between 65% and 85% (approx) of its full capacity, I read. Running a huge PSU at less than that is also less efficient (ie costs more on 'leccy)
Anyway, time will tell. I will run my 750W supply in parallel if I need to.

Bought an 850w platinum rated PSU for mine as I'm cryptocurrency mining when not gaming. And as I understand it, the higher percentage use the higher actual efficiency.

Associate
I did read about undervolting only recently, and in these forums. It sounds right up my street, I'm looking forwards to tinkering! I use a Bequiet case as I've always put high value in low noise. It'll great if i can minimise this GPU's heat/fan noise to stick to that ethos.

I've got the Be quiet dark base pro 900, it's a great case. Space certainly shouldn't be an issue. I've never really considered undervolting but I think I'll give it a go myself after getting a heads up in these forums and watching a few videos on the benefits, at seemingly zero cost to performance.

Associate
Is 850W enough for the 3090? I know 750W is the minimum for 3080 but I've heard it's better to go a bit above the minimum with these cards.

Bit late on this but the 750w is the recommended not the minimum, if you're smart on power consumption with other components and preferably use a gold tier PSU, you can get away with 650w PSUs. The math works out and theres quite a few videos on YouTube on this too.

Associate
Does anyone know why the shipping method has changed from " dpd mon-fri " to " other "?
Probably because DPD can't guarantee next day delivery right now, like so many other couriers (and Royal Mail) they're getting hammered by the demand due to Covid restrictions in retail outlets forcing most to shop online. Source :- the business I own is affect by this and we're working between multiple couriers for delivery

Associate
Probably because DPD can't guarantee next day delivery right now, like so many other couriers (and Royal Mail) they're getting hammered by the demand due to Covid restrictions in retail outlets forcing most to shop online. Source :- the business I own is affect by this and we're working between multiple couriers for delivery

Thanks for clearing that up man.

Back
Top Bottom