• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I need to get a 850W PSU for my 3080. I've seen a few about but they seem to be around 130 quid or so for a modular one. £60 or £70 for a non modular. I know modular is the way to go though.

Unfortunately we are on the verge of a major change in PSU engineering, and the PSU's of today will soon be outdated (but will still work). Intel are proposing that PSUs will in future provide only a 12V rail, no 5v etc. The Mobo"s shall then perform dropdown conversion for USB ports etc (which they are perfectly capable of doing well already). When this soon comes through PSUs will become simpler and cheaper all around. The multi rail ones we buy today will likely be our last of these type.

Last edited:
Associate
I need to get a 850W PSU for my 3080. I've seen a few about but they seem to be around 130 quid or so for a modular one. £60 or £70 for a non modular. I know modular is the way to go though.
What capacity to you have now? I'm running my 3080 on a corsair RM750 and I'm not remotely concerned about it. Depending on your CPU and drives you might even be able to get away with a 650w at a push, but that would make me sweat a bit.

Associate
What capacity to you have now? I'm running my 3080 on a corsair RM750 and I'm not remotely concerned about it. Depending on your CPU and drives you might even be able to get away with a 650w at a push, but that would make me sweat a bit.

Currently I've got a GTX 1080 and 550W PSU so no chance of plugging my 3080 into that. Not upgrading isn't an option. The Corsair RM750 is the one I've been looking at actually.

Associate
I aquired a Superflower 850 gold shortly after 3080 release (was using a 6 year old 750 corsair CX . You can't get a good psu now without paying way over the odds. I did have a hard limit on a 3080 and wasn't going over it no matter what.
Already have a 3900x, 64 gig 3600 ram and oodles of fast nvme drive space. 1080ti is the limiting factor on latest titles here I feel. It can cope but setting Dirt 5 to ultra @ 3440x1440 and the 1080ti struggled badly to get to a steady 60 fps.
5fc5fd990778b_WD2Rxa-5jmMjJFfSVxe7ewJ2ZT2Pek6QGqWxAV4pOBQ__700.jpg

Associate
Unfortunately we are on the verge of a major change in PSU engineering, and the PSU's of today will soon be outdated (but will still work). Intel are proposing that PSUs will in future provide only a 12V rail, no 5v etc. The Mobo"s shall then perform dropdown conversion for USB ports etc (which they are perfectly capable of doing well already). When this soon comes through PSUs will become simpler and cheaper all around. The multi rail ones we buy today will likely be our last of these type.

My 2014 EVGA Supernova G2 1000w is single rail as far as I know.

Associate
I Managed to get a Zotac 3070 Twin Edge the other day from Bradford by using Notify me got delivered yesterday, then got the email for the Zotac 3080 Trinity OC so decided to try my luck after 24min in waiting in queue for it to go in my basket i got it in and ordered it picking it up tomorrow. Order confirmation email came straight away and my order is sat at Stock allocated cant wait

Looks like ill be selling my 3070 thankfully its unopened so im just going to do collection only and sell it at the price i paid someone will be happy at least :)

Associate

Fujitsu first did this ten years ago, so it's nothing new. The latest Intel suggestion Called ATX12VO is not expected to replace current standards but to exist alongside it.

Associate
What is the highest queue number someone got dispatch for on strix? Looks like they didn't get 30 in after all :(

Well number 13 in this mornings queue emails Strix 3080 OC got his dispatch so did a few others, strange thing is number 6 never got dispatch email although number 7 did at 11:25 ish, hopefully this is not another Overclockers Dispatch Queue **** up.
If I was number 6 and number 13 had his i would be asking serious questions of their process for dispatch allocation.

Associate
thats crazy stuff, my PSU playing up, got a 1300 watt Evga G2, from the sli days, used it for my 9080ti sli 1070sli 1080sli 2070 sli and 2080ti and now that ive connected 1 3080 i get BSOD on cyberpunk only, like wtf

monitor your temps. I was BSODing because my cpu was overheating. Had to turn off my 5ghz oc on my 9900k

Associate
Sold 2080 back in September. check ✓
Bought 3080 TUF non OC. check ✓
**** hits fan 700th in queue. check ✓
Buys GTX 1060 as a stop gap. check ✓
Using 1060 with no issues check ✓
Plays cyberpunk 2077 check ✓
Death of 1060 check ✓
Please I need my card , I'm breaking up into little pieces over here

Ha your story is my story except:
Buys GBP 10 Nvidia Quadro as a stop gap. check ✓
Plays amongst us and Isaac games while quietly sobbing to myself check ✓

Associate
So it looks like I may need to change my shipping address, as the gpu I was expecting this year, and the new house that wasn’t meant to be finished until next year, have swapped roles. Anyone know where I can do that?

Associate
@ScottiB @Gibbo
"@Gibbo Good news, we have 30pc 3080 Strix OC arriving next week which were not on the schedule so a nice surprise for a card that is proving extremely rare."

I am very confused. I was 109 in the queue last week. This week I'm 105 in the queue.
People on this thread are saying that 9 people have received notification of an upcoming delivery to them this week of ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080 OC cards and yet you announced 30 cards.
So what is happening? Have the 30x 3080 STRIX OC cards not arrived yet? Or did 21 cards vanish?

Associate
@ScottiB @Gibbo

I am very confused. I was 109 in the queue last week. This week I'm 105 in the queue.
People on this thread are saying that 9 people have received notification of an upcoming delivery to them this week of ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080 OC cards and yet you announced 30 cards.
So what is happening? Have the 30x 3080 STRIX OC cards not arrived yet? Or did 21 cards vanish?

that's weird, I was in queue 165 now im in queue 155.... I went down by 10 and they did say 30 cards. ive been waiting since launch day. Extremely frustrating.

Associate
@ScottiB @Gibbo

As others have said, the queue updates (probably) went out before today's cards shipped.

Associate
Can confirm my order has been shipped by Overclockers for my Strix 3080 OC.

Que position on launch day (17th Sep) - 60th.
Que position on dispatch (14th Dec) - 21st.

It's been a pleasure hanging out on this forum. The customer service should have been a lot better by overclockers, but due to high demand it is expected that these cards would have been hard to get a hold of.

I hope for anyone still waiting that they get their new card sooner rather than later! Have a nice Christmas and happy new year guys/girls. :)

Last edited:
Commissario
So it looks like I may need to change my shipping address, as the gpu I was expecting this year, and the new house that wasn’t meant to be finished until next year, have swapped roles. Anyone know where I can do that?
If you contact customer service (the forum section might be easiest), with your order number and both the new and old addresses I suspect they'll be able to help.

Back
Top Bottom