1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by EVH, 1 Oct 2020.

1. genty80

Associate

I cancelled it, from what I have read palit are a big no for cooler removal. I'll hang on for my tuf and try snag something with a block on while I wait.

What was interesting is their system hadn't converted it into an order... So may not have got it anyway.

2. Gibbo

Commissario

That is impossible to answer as the stock has not arrived with ourselves yet.

Also all couriers are under massive stress now, so some are slipping, Royal Mail have move to two deliveries a day now in our village, but even then most stuff were finding is taking an extra day or two, all courier/shipping companies are maxed out and doing their best with the online boom.

But the stock needs to land with ourselves, then get booked in and then get shipped out and then get to the customer and to be brutally honest I'd rather under promised and say no, if they do land with customers before Christmas consider yourselves lucky, we will do the best we can to book them in and ship them out once they land with ourselves but they need to land with us first and though most are UK shipments from suppliers are next day some are now taking 2-3 days simply as the supplier warehouse / couriers are maxed out.

3. Nucleus

Associate

Any ideas what will happen if the delivery address is in Europe and the card arrives after 31st? Did you get any updates from DHL on this?

4. Ag3ntwilson

Associate

@Gibbo @ScottiB

Cheers for the regular updates. I know Asus have let us down massively and it's nice to see the numbers coming in and climbing up slowly.

Quick Question. The queue system that gets sent out on Fridays, when does this list get finalized before it gets sent out to us guys , are all scheduled confirmed deliveries accounted for in the queue system updates.

Thank you

5. rowan112

Associate

6. Gall20

Associate

If those 60 Asus none-OC TUF cards turn up, I think a congratulations is in order!

Well done Asus! ... for clearing the first 30 mins worth of orders after 3 months. What an absolute joke.

7. wellibob

Mobster

I didn't go for anything in particular. Gigabyte Eagle was my only opinion (had all of the 3080s on my radar tbh) and I'm happy with that as, my last few gpu's have been gigabyte. I also require the Nvidia feature set, cuda, nvec etc. I'll be happy when AMD get a better feature set.

8. The509

Associate

YAY 60 cards for theeeee most popular pre order by a mile... mind you, not as bad as the Ventus X3 have it.

9. Russellnisbet01

Associate

Cancelled my 3070 on Friday but haven't received and email or anything saying it's been confirmed? Not sure if this is the normal procedure?

10. Ag3ntwilson

Associate

Dear Asus I would like an explanation as to why I have been waiting 3 months for my card. To arrive.
    --------
    ASUS: sorry can't talk right now!! We are creating a new SKU. We are proud, and have no shame in announcing that we will be utilizing the GPU chip you purchased many months ago for our new card the " RTX 3380Ti - camel-toe blaster Strix Supreme " thank you for your donation peasant. Sucks to be you . ASUS

11. philip deamer

Associate

no ventus news

[​IMG]

12. Rykane

Associate

I was #18 in the queue for an MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio and I just got an email saying mine has been shipped at 11:35 am.

13. TG2238

Associate

Random q... I now have a choice between an overpriced 3080 or a 3060ti. With your experience on a 3080 so far, would you ever consider downgrading to a 3060 to save some cash? I have a Dell 38incher that can only refresh to 60fps and a pile of old games still to go through. This is my first upgrade in almost 6yrs so coming from a 670gtx.

I'm also worried dropping almost a grand on a regular 3080 with rumours of a ti version on the horizon. Any thoughts?

14. olevam

Associate

I mean MSRP is like 650 for a 3080, a grand seems a bit a lot -- also where did you find a 3060?

15. Generalray

Gangster

The 3080ti is going to be a nightmare to get a hold of and I suspect the price is going to be £1,000. The 3080 was just a paper launch to get demand bubbling so they can charge 1,000 for the ti. Expect to get scalped by retailers and well...scalpers,so the cost will be close to a stock 3090 when all is said and done....

16. WilliamIPark

Associate

Fingers crossed they've actually got 50pc in. Haven't recieved anything yet myself.

17. matelot

Associate

nor me, i'm #38

18. Priiceyy

Associate

Any news on the 3x Ventus's? Really hoping to get one before January hits.

19. George whitehurst

Associate

It's been a long run after 3 and a half months finally have my shipping email for the gaming x trio 3080 thank you overclockers looking forward to recieving my card tomorrow or the day after good luck to everyone still waiting will miss this forum but but wait to see the back of it love you guys :)

20. Dugganator

Wise Guy

I’m only 5 behind you and had nothing yet :( please don’t tell me I’m on the naughty list Santa!