• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo are there any plans for further pre-orders rollouts? I completely missed the train on the first run (because I never preorder anything as a rule), but obviously this situation is unprecedented - and nobody is even accepting preorders at this stage...

Due to the fact order volumes are so high at present it is unlikely now we will open any ordering up now before Christmas as we'd risk being hit with fall out about people complaining they ordered before Christmas but it never got delivered so we shall continue building stock up, but were talking mainly 3060Ti, 3070, 6900 XT and some 6800's. There is not enough stock built up to even consider putting 6800 XT or 3080 live any time soon.

We are also building large stock piles on some AMD CPU's which will also go live, again when is an unknown at the moment, but right now the plan is to get Christmas out the way.

@Gibbo in the stock thread you said there isn’t much else going on today but people in the msi trio 3080 queue have randomly started getting dispatched emails? Can you confirm what’s happening here and if any stock has arrived. Many thanks

Yes it looks like 20 units were booked in today from a delivery placed 7th December, we are now not expecting any more of these until after Christmas.
We also received 6pc on 3080 TUF NONE OC today as well, out of 19 expected, the warehouse will let me know in coming days the reason for short shipment unless the stock is found or arrives.
The 8pc Strix 3080 NONE OC are still not booked in, but unsure if arrived yet as the supplier has warned their couriers are delayed.

@Gibbo is there no news about palit 3080? Seems like they are shipping all models, but it wasn't in your update

They were not in the update as no 3080's have shipped, last delivery on Gaming Pro 3080 NONE OC and OC was 11th December and those goods have shipped out.

Associate
Due to the fact order volumes are so high at present it is unlikely now we will open any ordering up now before Christmas as we'd risk being hit with fall out about people complaining they ordered before Christmas but it never got delivered so we shall continue building stock up, but were talking mainly 3060Ti, 3070, 6900 XT and some 6800's. There is not enough stock built up to even consider putting 6800 XT or 3080 live any time soon.

We are also building large stock piles on some AMD CPU's which will also go live, again when is an unknown at the moment, but right now the plan is to get Christmas out the way.

Yes it looks like 20 units were booked in today from a delivery placed 7th December, we are now not expecting any more of these until after Christmas.
We also received 6pc on 3080 TUF NONE OC today as well, out of 19 expected, the warehouse will let me know in coming days the reason for short shipment unless the stock is found or arrives.
The 8pc Strix 3080 NONE OC are still not booked in, but unsure if arrived yet as the supplier has warned their couriers are delayed.

They were not in the update as no 3080's have shipped, last delivery on Gaming Pro 3080 NONE OC and OC was 11th December and those goods have shipped out.

Just a yes or no will do:

Was that 20pc shipment of trios the same as the 50pc listed previously in the update thread?

Associate
Question:

Lets say you clear one of the queues, for example Zotac.

If / When you get additional units of stock for those cards in, would they go up for general sale, or would they first be offered to people in other queues in order to help clear those queues faster as well.

Because honestly I'd rather get a card earlier, than wait another 6 months for enough stock to come in for my originally chosen card.

Associate
Day 89... :( Is there any chance the 3080Ti will be released before I get my 3080 TUF?

Dear Santa @Gibbo
If the 3080Ti's are going to be released before the demand for 3080 has been met, how about allowing 3080 queue veterans first reserve? I would most likely be willing to pay the difference to hop lists given an informed choice. Even if this would mean a bigger delay in the long run. This would ease pressure away from the current 3080's demand and allow us, humans, to get in front of the bots this time...

I think this would be a reasonably fair thing to do and make at least myself a lot happier customer.

Naturally, it should be offered in order of earliest time of purchase (longest time still in a queue).

Thanks,
Andy FooFire
#I_believe_in_Santa_@Gibbo

Associate
OCuk now might start to find more orders being cancelled as other retailers are starting to clear their backorders. I've noticed that the hugely popular
Asus TuF OC backorders have been completed so any more incoming stock will be free for sale. Not so good for OCuk but great news for the customer who has weeks/months still to wait.

Associate
Day 89... :( Is there any chance the 3080Ti will be released before I get my 3080 TUF?

Dear Santa @Gibbo
If the 3080Ti's are going to be released before the demand for 3080 has been met, how about allowing 3080 queue veterans first reserve? I would most likely be willing to pay the difference to hop lists given an informed choice. Even if this would mean a bigger delay in the long run. This would ease pressure away from the current 3080's demand and allow us, humans, to get in front of the bots this time...

I think this would be a reasonably fair thing to do and make at least myself a lot happier customer.

Naturally, it should be offered in order of earliest time of purchase (longest time still in a queue).

Thanks,
Andy FooFire

That's starting to look more likely.

GeForce RTX: Game On - A Special Broadcast Event | NVIDIA

I suppose this could be for the 3050/3060, but I doubt they'd do a special announcement. Seems more likely to be the 3080ti. I'm starting to think nvidia are just trolling us now.

Associate
That's starting to look more likely.

GeForce RTX: Game On - A Special Broadcast Event | NVIDIA

I suppose this could be for the 3050/3060, but I doubt they'd do a special announcement. Seems more likely to be the 3080ti. I'm starting to think nvidia are just trolling us now.

If they don't sell all that batch to bots/scalpers, I've not been able to game for months now as my 2070 Super was faulty and thought, I will just get a 3080 since they are coming out soon... Now months later, I can't even buy another 20 series to use for now... :'(

Associate
I agree with this message. I would be happy with a Palit 3080ti if the option presented itself

Dear Santa @Gibbo

Thanks,
Andy FooFire

Associate
If they don't sell all that batch to bots/scalpers, I've not been able to game for months now as my 2070 Super was faulty and thought, I will just get a 3080 since they are coming out soon... Now months later, I can't even buy another 20 series to use for now... :'(

Yeah I know the feeling - well I'm not without a gpu at least, but I did upgrade my rig to 10th gen in June, but decided to wait until September for a 3080 rather than buy a 20 series. I even turned down a 1 year old 2080ti strix for £500 at the time.

Now there is every chance that my PC will be a year old by the time I get my gpu, 11th gen intel will be released and the 3080ti will be out. If you didn't laugh you'd cry.

Associate
It just seems crazy right now for nvidia to even consider launching the 3080ti if they can’t meet the current demand for the 3080. I suppose if there’s money to be made for them though that’s what’s going to win over.

Back
Top Bottom