• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Witcher 3 was exactly like this with a lot of bugs at the time of release and look at it now! Hopefully CDPR gives Cyberpunk the same treatment that they gave to the Witcher.
i didnt even get to play witcher 3 until earlier this year but i did see a lot about it being glitchy on release. while this controversy seems to be way more extreme than witchers launch with sony taking it down from their store i think they will still be able to make a recovery

Associate
Managed to order a MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Suprim X today for a reasonable price compared with the current going rate of cards. Due January so I won't hold my breath, as it'll likely get cancelled.

Currently 600 or so in the queue for TUF non oc. With OC.

Associate
For those asking about pre-orders - there is a reason why it's greyed out it's because 100's if not 1000's are already on backorder so you would we looking at months before you'd get one. You're better looking elsewhere because most closed their preorders withing days while OCuk kept them open for weeks.

Associate
Witcher 3 was exactly like this with a lot of bugs at the time of release and look at it now! Hopefully CDPR gives Cyberpunk the same treatment that they gave to the Witcher.
I played Witcher 3 end of last year into the start of this year. 100%'d it and the DLC and honestly...it's still a buggy glitchy mess. Luckily caught a few bugs before it was too late and messed up completionist run. Game crashed many many times too. So many people brushed over all of this because overall the story is pretty good and CD Projekt Red are masters of internet marketing. I knew Cyberpunk was gonna be like this but thought people would've brushed over the bugs like Witcher since they view it like a "pure" game or something without a big publisher behind it. But there we go, another not finished game released and getting patched later.

Associate
In the update it stated "Expect this week we have additional Gigabyte stock due:" then went on to say there were x40 3080 gigabyte eagles. However all the posts after that never mention if OC received those orders in.

So did they receive the expected order and just forgot to let us know or have they not arrived this week as expected? I have seen some people on here say they recieved a dispatch email.

Associate
Where do we get the free game that was supposed to come with the 3080? I received my Gigabyte OC Gaming today and didn't find anything related to the free game

Associate
Well my 3080 Gaming OC arrived today...The right PCI-e power connector is borked so an RMA is on the cards. Tried 4 different ones and it won't snap in..It is like the port is too shallow and the left one is loose and wobbles....Totally gutted!!! Those with gaming OC make sure that you check them over ASAP

check the pin alignment on the card. I purchased a 3070 Eagle yesterday and pins needed aligning correctly as they were bent
- use a small screwdriver

Associate
Witcher 3 was exactly like this with a lot of bugs at the time of release and look at it now!.

Yes, I'm playing it for my first time, and indeed it still has bugs. There are locations with holes in the ground that you can drop into with no way out. And you can still roll behind objects and get stuck too.

But hey, it's only 5 years old. I'm definitely absolutely positive that they are 100% still patching it. For sure.

Associate
My last post was deleted by the mods, so clearly my sarcasm was not appreciated, however my point remains the same:
All of us want our GPUs.
All of us have paid for them.
All of us know that, so let's not be rude to each other.
Be polite in your questions and answers, but also note there are over 1500 pages of this. At least look back over the last day or two's postings to see if there's an update before asking "where's my card"
And mods, to not delete a post that say GFY, yet delete mine which simply asks for manners to be observed, can I ask what exactly you want from your contributors?

Back
Top Bottom