• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
My Partner ordered the Gigabyte Gaming OC, They were queue position 69, 60 cards came in 2 were for RMA the rest dispatched and they moved up 40 place not 58... seems shadey @Gibbo
I explained this in a nice large font, colourful post
Slight correction here in the spirit of full disclosure.

There was supposed to be some SI stock on this delivery but it has been delayed for a few days. We have a 14 systems that had been waiting quite a while and we want to get them sorted pre-xmas. Therefore, 14 units have been moved to the SI part.

When the SI stock arrives Monday/Tuesday we'll return the 14 units to the retail stock, plus some extras I hope and get those shipped same day.

Apologies for any delays, we are attempting to get as many cards to as many customers as possible pre-xmas and this is the only way to ensure that we can achieve that for both system and card customers.

Associate
Has it been mentioned somewhere (obviously I cant find it) that pre ordering will be available again soon .. wasting too much time pressing F5 on other sites, or not being quick enough following notifications.

I think they said that they won't consider queues until all backorders are cleared - even then I'd imagine that they might not bring them back, at least not for high in demand items. The drop them in batches approach of a certain other retailer (who has a basket queue system), seems to be easiest and probably most profitable approach.

Yeah the drops suck. Other than for the lucky minority, its a frustrating experience. You start to accept larger and larger costs just to get out of it, and will likely end up spending £900+. Which I nearly did only to get beat by the basket race. I managed to bag a 3070fe on Friday afternoon, after 2 months of chasing notifications and F5'ing, and even buying 3 times from 3 different major uk retailer's, only to later have them cancelled. I'd sit for days with nothing, only to take a break or just turn away at the wrong time, and the drops happened....like Friday morning!

Anyway, I didn't want a 3070, but it will keep me lit until my trio arrives and then my wife can have it. In the end it means I get a 3070 and a 3080 at msrp - which is a win in my book.

Last edited:
Associate
Has it been mentioned somewhere (obviously I cant find it) that pre ordering will be available again soon .. wasting too much time pressing F5 on other sites, or not being quick enough following notifications.
There was one point when OCUK was the only site allowing preorder, which is probably why they're working through the massive queue right now. They are probably going to be a bit more careful next time

Associate
Hi, dose anybody know if flight sim 2020 would run on a 1050ti? I can't take looking at my Empty case any longer.. I want to buy a cheep GPU to tie me over until this s*** show is over and my 3080 arrives.

Associate
Hi, dose anybody know if flight sim 2020 would run on a 1050ti? I can't take looking at my Empty case any longer.. I want to buy a cheep GPU to tie me over until this s*** show is over and my 3080 arrives.

It'll run it, but not all THAT well at least I don't think. I have a 1070 and an i7 4750k I think and it was about 30fps. But that CPU was bottlenecking and ive upgraded to a Ryzen 7 3700x, currently reinstalling Flight Sim as we speak so I don't have a benchmark just yet!

Associate
Hi all, an unexpected Sunday surprise, I had notification that my Aorus 3080 Master is being shipped. I was 3rd in the queue on yesterday’s email (and last Friday). I assumed it would not be until post Xmas, but looks like I have been lucky.

it’s almost over......

Last edited:
Associate
It'll run it, but not all THAT well at least I don't think. I have a 1070 and an i7 4750k I think and it was about 30fps. But that CPU was bottlenecking and ive upgraded to a Ryzen 7 3700x, currently reinstalling Flight Sim as we speak so I don't have a benchmark just yet!
thanks for the information, would be interesting to see how it's runs now you have upgraded to a Ryzen 7, this was my first pc build as I was making the switch from consal, I have i9 10850k so would be a shame to stick a GPU in it that's over 5 years old.. but can't afford to leave my place in the que so guess it would get me up and running for now

Associate
I think they pretty much finished for Christmas now given what Gibbo has said. It very unlikely that a courier will get it to you anyway.

Got my 3080FE ordered from Fridays Drop delivered today on a Sunday, only went to DPD yesterday evening, so it can be done. Not from here obviously but the Nvidia partner who does the sales and dispatches for them.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all, an unexpected Sunday surprise, I had notification that my Aorus 3080 Master is being shipped. I was 3rd in the queue on yesterday’s email (and last Friday). I assumed it would not be until post Xmas, but looks like I have been lucky.

it’s almost over......
Congrats man...im 15 places behind you.i think I've missed the Xmas window...ah well

Associate
Think you will find it is Passenger flights, freight has still got to be moved just like in the first full Euro lockdown.

A surprising amount of freight travels on those passenger flights though, this is why the already greatly reduced number of passenger flights has impacted global logistics so much already...

Associate
why are founder edition cards so popular? they are 649 rrp yet ppl are buying them for 1200+ they can get 2 cards for that money

So why are the founder edition so desirable?

Associate
I explained this in a nice large font, colourful post
i think if this was done.i would be very angry so i could have ordered a pre build system and jumped the queue and not been waiting months .im sure overclockers would had ytaken into account they needed stock for them self and not used the pre orders stock to fullfil any orders and made them wait like the rest of us

Back
Top Bottom