• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
i think if this was done.i would be very angry so i could have ordered a pre build system and jumped the queue and not been waiting months .im sure overclockers would had ytaken into account they needed stock for them self and not used the pre orders stock to fullfil any orders and made them wait like the rest of us

This has been explained multiple times now, if you ordered a pre-built system you would have been in a different queue, but still in a queue.

The cards for the pre-builds come from a separate SI allocation and so far from what ScottiB has posted, the spare SI cards have been helping clear the retail queues, not the other way around.

This time there was stock of the same card arriving for both SI and retail, the first part of that shipment arrived and in order to ensure that there was enough time to install and test the pre-builds before shipping, the SI allocation was taken from that first delivery.

The remainder of that shipment is expected to arrive today and can still be sent out this side of Christmas.

Associate
Is there new 69 X ASUS 3080 TUF OC coming this week? Or the 69 cards are from last week "Large amount"?
I'm in queue 69.
Judging by how much the queue went down in the notification I got last week, they're still to come.
I wish you luck but with potential system builds and RMAs you'll probably likely go down to single digits in the queue.

Associate
Should anyone be interested here's my TUF OC journey so far

Ordered 25/09

Queue positions
02/10 631
08/10 599
14/10 583
23/10 560
29/10 496
6/11 456
13/11 397
20/11 382
27/11 246
4/12 241
11/12 241
19/12 146

Associate
Should anyone be interested here's my TUF OC journey so far

Ordered 25/09

Queue positions
02/10 631
08/10 599
14/10 583
23/10 560
29/10 496
6/11 456
13/11 397
20/11 382
27/11 246
4/12 241
11/12 241
19/12 146

I'd laugh at the comparison, but it's not funny - I ordered 17/9 and first update was position 592, so pretty clear ASUS are getting such good bins they're prioritising the OC versions. It's more profit, so no surprise there...

Associate
Hi all, an unexpected Sunday surprise, I had notification that my Aorus 3080 Master is being shipped. I was 3rd in the queue on yesterday’s email (and last Friday). I assumed it would not be until post Xmas, but looks like I have been lucky.

it’s almost over......

I'm confused as to how you got your card being in 3rd place and I've only moved up 1 space (now at 45th). Enjoy your card though...very jealous!

Associate
Is there new 69 X ASUS 3080 TUF OC coming this week? Or the 69 cards are from last week "Large amount"?
I'm in queue 69.

just catching up on the forum so dunno if this has been answered already but from what I can tell this might be additional to the large shipment they got recent (or atleast I hope) but getting some clarification/confirmation would be great as I am couple spots in front of you at 56. I made a big leap from 149 to 56 position and got this queue update couple days after Gibbos message mentioning those 69pc but he did say, "either out on delivery, arrived in our warehouse awaiting booking in or and I hope not lost". But trying not to get my hopes up too much so that dont get massively disappointed.

Associate
This has been explained multiple times now, if you ordered a pre-built system you would have been in a different queue, but still in a queue.

The cards for the pre-builds come from a separate SI allocation and so far from what ScottiB has posted, the spare SI cards have been helping clear the retail queues, not the other way around.

This time there was stock of the same card arriving for both SI and retail, the first part of that shipment arrived and in order to ensure that there was enough time to install and test the pre-builds before shipping, the SI allocation was taken from that first delivery.

The remainder of that shipment is expected to arrive today and can still be sent out this side of Christmas.

Just to piggyback onto this post, how would I check where my prebuild is at? Would I need to call OC themselves as I've not had any other updates since ordering.

Associate
Me too for the non-OC TUF. Queue position 730 so no chance. More likely April 2021.

My condolences. I hope they start getting some dream shipments so that you dont have to wait that long as that is madness. I was patient at first but now I am thinking months of value have gone down the drain. But hey ho could be worst, could be stuck with no rig at all or living off spam (no offense to those who like spam).

Associate
ladies and gents.. I'm out. Wanted to wait to get my TUF OC but cannot be bothered anymore. Managed to get Aorus master end of November but still wanted TUF.. had my money frozen for months and reckon still would have for some time as my queue position is 650+ Merry Christmass to all! It was emotional ride

Associate
I cancelled an msi ventus 3080 after finding out it had very poor relative performance, actually still wouldn't have it by now anyway. Ordered 34 mins late at launch. ordered an asus tuf non oc 3080, knowing full well i'd be at the back of the queue, but in position 1700 with no stock at all coming in I couldn't just leave that amount of money tied up doing nothing. Now my gtx 1080 is dying, driver crashes all the time if I don't underclock the memory. Soon I might have nothing at all!
Plan B was obviously AMD, that went down like a lead balloon. I was even online 2 mins after gibbo made some 6800's available, that didn't pan out either! Honestly I'd just take either at this point, RT is nice on the 3080 but since i've never used it I may be better off without, who knows it may be like high refresh rates, you're quite happy without it until you use it once and nothing else will do

Associate
I cancelled an msi ventus 3080 after finding out it had very poor relative performance, actually still wouldn't have it by now anyway. Ordered 34 mins late at launch. ordered an asus tuf non oc 3080, knowing full well i'd be at the back of the queue, but in position 1700 with no stock at all coming in I couldn't just leave that amount of money tied up doing nothing. Now my gtx 1080 is dying, driver crashes all the time if I don't underclock the memory. Soon I might have nothing at all!
Plan B was obviously AMD, that went down like a lead balloon. I was even online 2 mins after gibbo made some 6800's available, that didn't pan out either! Honestly I'd just take either at this point, RT is nice on the 3080 but since i've never used it I may be better off without, who knows it may be like high refresh rates, you're quite happy without it until you use it once and nothing else will do
Facing the same on my 980s. The one I transferred into the new rig started thermal throttling without being too stressed. I swapped it out for the other one and broke a fan blade in the process on the one I was replacing it with! New fans arrived today so will be able to run Cyberpunk on this card as it runs about 10degC cooler.

Keeping my eyes open and trying my luck occasionally for available cards not at scalper prices. I do not want these cards to break as I want to keep the Piledriver SLI rig as a legacy W7 machine.

Back
Top Bottom