• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Not likely. I update around every six years.
Went from a 780GT to 8800GTX to 280GTX to 980GTX and supposedly a RTX-3080. This means if the pattern follows, my next upgrade will be a 6080. If I get my 3080 before they are launched.
I get you. I was doing the same starting from riva tnt2, GF 6600gt gtx285, gtx 970 and now 3080. I'm thinking to get 4xxx series ONLY IF it will consume less energy. I'm really unconfortable with this 350+.

I know this can be funny for some but for me is a big deal

Associate
yeah sorry about that. Just the reality for me, had the 1080 since launch and had a fair amount of use from it, can't complain but it's pretty much spent at this point. won't even be able to sell it on really

Associate
I'm confused as to how you got your card being in 3rd place and I've only moved up 1 space (now at 45th). Enjoy your card though...very jealous!

I got my queue email on Saturday, which said I was still at position 3 same as the previous week. However I got a shipment email on Sunday @ 18:00hrs, so I’m guessing your queue update was also Saturday, Which means it was prior to any shipments being made.

I am guessing your movement on Saturday was down to a cancellation, and your next update will show those cards shipped on Sunday.

I do hope this is the case and that you get your card real soon.

Last edited:
Associate
@wewtwewt Inspired by your effort, I did mine - funnily enough, looks like you'll get yours about the same date as me. :(

qF27s1p.png

Also, that is just a linear regression, so considering the trendline over the last month, looks like sometime in 2022!

Last edited:
Associate
Just plotted mine out too and it comes out around the same too starting at around 1400 on 2nd October (first queue update) after ordering on 21st September. However, like @James T, my curve flattens out. Plotting out the reduction of cancellations as you near the front of the queue, it will look more like May.

Associate
I know this might be in here somewhere but this thread is so long now. Any update of the EVGA cards? ordered on day 1 and now sat at 106 in the que. I cant seem to find any updates for this? Seems to be hundreds of other cards coming in and out. Can we do a swap if they dont stock these anymore?

Associate
@klemix12 I can plot one for you if you provide me the data
Will be great, thanks (;
3080 Tuf Non Oc
29 September queue position 204
14 October queue position 197
23 October queue position 188
30 October queue position 166
6 November queue position 158
13 November queue position 146
20 November queue position 140
27 November queue position 115
4 December queue position 114
11 December queue position 111
19 December queue position 104
+ There is 86 on the way , so theoretically I'm 18th should be soon.

Associate
So are the 60 TUF non-oc cards due in today?

Must be manic at OcUK warehouse right now!

I think they're overdue but Gibbo did say he estimates 5-10 days for them, that was about a week ago, maybe 5 days, not sure. I know I'm checking my email every 5 mins for a shipping notification, just in case. Lockdown boredom is getting the best of me, I've got about 4 games I'm waiting to play with the 3080. Fingers crossed.

Associate
thanks for the information, would be interesting to see how it's runs now you have upgraded to a Ryzen 7, this was my first pc build as I was making the switch from consal, I have i9 10850k so would be a shame to stick a GPU in it that's over 5 years old.. but can't afford to leave my place in the que so guess it would get me up and running for now

Honestly it was running a lot better. Medium settings seemed to be drawing 60fps which is a far cry better than the 30fps on low I was getting, so works great!

Associate
Will be great, thanks (;
3080 Tuf Non Oc
29 September queue position 204
14 October queue position 197
23 October queue position 188
30 October queue position 166
6 November queue position 158
13 November queue position 146
20 November queue position 140
27 November queue position 115
4 December queue position 114
11 December queue position 111
19 December queue position 104
+ There is 86 on the way , so theoretically I'm 18th should be soon.

t8JqOT5.png

didn't factor in the 86 since it hasn't happened yet!

disclaimer: I'm just copy and pasting then skimming over for errors, so I hope nobody is taking this super seriously

Associate
t8JqOT5.png

didn't factor in the 86 since it hasn't happened yet!

disclaimer: I'm just copy and pasting then skimming over for errors, so I hope nobody is taking this super seriously
That's cool, thanks mate. Of course, it's obviously estimator. Next week may get another 80 cards or maybe just 10. Thanks anyway for that.

Back
Top Bottom