1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by EVH, 1 Oct 2020.

1. Jamie Horwood

Associate

A competitors site is expecting delivery today of EVGA FTW3 Ultra cards. Did OCUK get any 3080's recently ?

2. Del-Dredd

Hitman

Only idiots would pay that when if lucky you can get one when they drop like I did.

I also think a lot are looking at them to use a waterblock with, they are also smaller than AIB's and a lot like the look.

3. Del-Dredd

Hitman

Big bonus is they are still at RRP unlike all other cards, unless your an idiot or absolutely must have it now and get scalped.

4. jonathan_phang

Gangster

Quick question here after skimming a fair few pages of this - are all these wait times etc for the initial batches sold? Or have there been drops here that have been available for people to purchase to get in the line. I havent really looked into it since day dot, and just wondering what the situation is. Obv it seems like theres still a large backlog, but wondering if this is just the original one, or a growing one.

EDIT: Have come across the updates thread but just not sure that effectively is a 'Covering existing' or a few pieces to try and buy type of update

Thanks

5. Drizlepops

Associate

As everyone was sharing graphs, ill leave this here:

[​IMG]

6. Goosy

Gangster

most people in the backlog bought on release day.

7. jonathan_phang

Gangster

Cheers thank you

8. Del-Dredd

Hitman

Queues are from original release date 17 Sept and from the few weeks they kept Backorders open, unlike all other retailers which closed sales within a day or two of launch.

Some retailers are releasing some now and again when stock built but they last seconds and are generally overpriced.

9. jonathan_phang

Gangster

Thanks for the info - hope you all manage to get your orders sooner rather than later!

10. Bill Morton

Associate

Just tried calling OC, I was on hold for an hour then the line just dropped, this is getting beyond a joke. Trying to find the best way forward as MSI do not seem to be shipping the 3080 Ventus. I am in position 15, having ordered an hour or so after launch (145 in queue), but the queue only seems to be going down when people cancel.

11. Smiffy-UK

Hitman

I'm not saying probably Scrooge McDuck-ing it, but probably swimming though those golden coins. I would if I could.

12. Bill Morton

Associate

Yep, cashflow nirvana

13. nikoliath

Gangster

Only idiots would save money when if lucky you can win the lotto... Not everyone who wants a FE 3080 can be lucky :D

14. Dugganator

Wise Guy

So it’s game over for everyone before Xmas and new year now? Are ocuk closed all that time as well?

15. PapaCamacho

Associate

no idea I have seen no mention of the opening hours over the holidays.

16. Things change I've changed

Capodecina

@Gibbo Just seen lasted update, I take it this means no TUF non-oc's then before Christmas?

17. Nucleus

Associate

suppliers = distributors ? @Gibbo

18. malccy

Wise Guy

So, nothing now really until after January the 10th by OC's recent post.

Hope for everyones' sake we get our cards soon after.

19. Cardey

Gangster

It depends, I read that post as, "if it hasn't already shipped then that's most likely it until Jan 10th" So if it's already shipped e.g with an incoming delivery I'd have thought there's still a chance, however slim it may be of getting it before Jan 10th. I think Gibbo's off but I think OCUK are still open, I'm not sure though. I'd have thought he'd have said we (OCUK) are done for Christmas rather than just himself if that was the case.

20. RayRayFPS

Gangster

Competitor site 3070's/3080's go go go.