• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I hope ocuk dont change to such a nonsense system, been able to order and queue up is far superior, I dont have time to sit refreshing 24/7.

I would rather order once, wait 6 months, than refresh like a robot and maybe get in 3 months.

Dropping in batches for in stock orders only is probably the worst approach and I dont understand why retailers keep persisting with it. So please Gibbo dont do that and keep the backorder system open.

If they start taking orders again it will be on a limited basis, after getting a massive kick in the teeth from their last prolonged effort, they will not be doing that again, maybe a few hours or a couple of days max then close orders. Rinse and repeat when Queues clear.

They need to keep it manageable not the current mess we are in with no end in sight.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
So it’s game over for everyone before Xmas and new year now? Are ocuk closed all that time as well?
No, as a company we'll close a little early on Xmas Eve, closed on Xmas day and closed the bank holidays.

Along with the rest of the purchasing team, Gibbo and I have booked off the days between Xmas and new year since our supply chains all pretty much cease until the first week of January.

Associate
Well guys after 3 months of search I finally managed to get a 3080 at a reasonable price in a place I never expected to find one. It was in stock and was shipped with next day delivery so should be here tomorrow. This is probably the last time that I try to buy a GPU at launch, at least not while bots are a thing.

Associate
Just tried calling OC, I was on hold for an hour then the line just dropped, this is getting beyond a joke. Trying to find the best way forward as MSI do not seem to be shipping the 3080 Ventus. I am in position 15, having ordered an hour or so after launch (145 in queue), but the queue only seems to be going down when people cancel.

Same issue here.
Is MSI just delivering the Trio?
Can we allowed to switch to something else?
At this rate we will get the card by summer 2021...
@Gibbo

Associate
Same issue here.
Is MSI just delivering the Trio?
Can we allowed to switch to something else?
At this rate we will get the card by summer 2021...
@Gibbo
You cant change queues. If you leave a queue, youre out of it completely, and you cant join new queues. This is why I want to go into slavery to get a 3080 faster, becasue I missed the queuing opportunity lol

Associate
You cant change queues. If you leave a queue, youre out of it completely, and you cant join new queues. This is why I want to go into slavery to get a 3080 faster, becasue I missed the queuing opportunity lol

Yes I know these are the rules - but in this case it looks like the company is no longer delivering the product (check all the deliveries from MSI and Ventus isn't there)...

Associate
This is probably the last time that I try to buy a GPU at launch, at least not while bots are a thing.

I think I'm with you on that tbh. What a farce this has been. Found myself being a slave to my phone refreshing websites most of the day and getting annoyed at some points all for the sake of getting one early, for absolutely no reason really haha... Won't bother next time. Just wait for my preorder now.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey Guys, this has probably been answered previously however there's a lot of pages so please excuse me.
I've just purchased a Build to Order machine towards the end of last week, and that machine comes with the Gigabyte RTX 3080 GPU, when I placed the order the green light was on to say it was in stock.
And from what i've gathered from this thread it seems most people are just waiting for the Card rather than a system. So can I ask whether I should be actively looking to this thread for updates on when I can expect the build, or will I receive updates via email?

The queue information in here is not for you.

They had a very limited number of cards assigned from SI stick for pre-built machines so if it was all green when you ordered you should be seeing your system quite soon.

You could try asking in the CS forum for an update...

Associate
I think I'm with you on that tbh. What a farce this has been. Found myself being a slave to my phone refreshing websites most of the day and getting annoyed at some points all for the sake of getting one early, for absolutely no reason really haha... Won't bother next time. Just wait for my preorder now.
Same, I am tired of refreshing different wrbsites all the time to see if I can find one. Next time I will wait a few months until bugs are sorted, and stock isnt an issue.

Associate
The further i go down this rabbithole the more confused I get.the Mrs is sick of me talking about gpu's so I'm going to have to annoy you chaps with my head scratcher.last queue update i was 18 for auros master,10 were due and then there was talk of 6,I've had no queue update yet but now there's further talk of 5.so,I don't know if the 6 has become the 5 or if thats a total of 21 and meats back on the menu boys

Assuming you got the queue update on Saturday like me, there wasn't much of a change as I only moved up 1 place (probably due to a cancellation) but people received shipping emails on Sunday, such as Darran.king, so I will assume the 16 Aorus Masters that were mentioned before and the 5 today will be taken into account in the next queue update which will move us up 21 places at least...fingers crossed

Associate
It must be awful for those lorry drivers, stuck in this miserable weather so close to christmas. Puts things in perspective, there is more to life than a piece of silicon.

Associate
Just tried calling OC, I was on hold for an hour then the line just dropped, this is getting beyond a joke. Trying to find the best way forward as MSI do not seem to be shipping the 3080 Ventus. I am in position 15, having ordered an hour or so after launch (145 in queue), but the queue only seems to be going down when people cancel.

Something seems fishy as I ordered a 3080 ventus 15 minutes after launch yet I'm around 100 in the que...

Back
Top Bottom