• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
If they start taking orders again it will be on a limited basis, after getting a massive kick in the teeth from their last prolonged effort, they will not be doing that again, maybe a few hours or a couple of days max then close orders. Rinse and repeat when Queues clear.

They need to keep it manageable not the current mess we are in with no end in sight.

Maybe a 50/50 system then, some of us are patient and dont mind waiting, unlimited queuing system which gets 50% of stock, and a sprint to the checkout system for the other 50% competing against bots.

Associate
One quick question I have: am I understanding correctly that OCUk have now stopped sending out cards (all that they expected have come into, then left their warehouse) or are there still a bunch known to be somewhere in the pipeline (on their way to ocuk, or perhaps not yet processed) just no new shipment announced yet?

I'm still holding a small candle of hope up for getting my 3080 before xmas..

Commissario
Hey Guys, this has probably been answered previously however there's a lot of pages so please excuse me.

I've just purchased a Build to Order machine towards the end of last week, and that machine comes with the Gigabyte RTX 3080 GPU, when I placed the order the green light was on to say it was in stock.
And from what i've gathered from this thread it seems most people are just waiting for the Card rather than a system. So can I ask whether I should be actively looking to this thread for updates on when I can expect the build, or will I receive updates via email?
IIRC and I'm sure @ScottiB will correct me if i'm wrong, but full system stock is separate from part stock, so if the machine you chose was showing as being available it should just be the time to build and deliver it.
The customer service section would probably be the best place to ask.

Associate
any tax is applied at the point of sale . surely the point of sale is when you pay for your item . therefore if you can prove when you have paid for your item then the tax should still be applicable.

Associate
I'm not sure they had them to be honest, I know someone at that store who works in sourcing and he seems certain they aren't getting any for a month. i wish they'd be off Stock Informer

Associate
I'm not sure they had them to be honest, I know someone at that store who works in sourcing and he seems certain they aren't getting any for a month. i wish they'd be off Stock Informer

Ah.. Another place just had the EVGA rtx 3080 ftw ultra for sale for £899 but couldn't bring myself to pay that.. suffice to say they still sold out quickly.

Associate

Their site is pretty poor when it comes to stock availability it seems. Either they've got zero bot protection meaning the stock goes before humans get chance to buy or their in-stock flags are just wrong. Quite often you'll have the green "available for delivery" tick but the filters show nothing available for delivery, or the delivery option is greyed out in the checkout. And as for the "available to collect in store" bit...

I did get as far as choosing a payment method on one card before things went wrong. It was fun to play.

Associate
Havent posted much here, mainly came on here to read and weep.

After over 3 months wait, decided to cancel i was 193 in MSI Trio queue, and it didnt look like it would move much soon.

Might have snagged myself a 3060ti today, so that'll have to do.

Cheers, enjoy.

Soldato
My god.. My discord went absolutely nuts just now as a south Asian cuisine retailer dropped a whole bunch of 80s on their site. All gone through but might be worth looking out for it as typically they drip feed them over the course of the day.
Go get a 10% off code from vouchercloud while you wait for further drops too ;)

Associate

They do have stock I just managed to grab an Aorus 3060 for next day delivery for my brother, but I find their website doesn't work properly on mobile when it's busy. The card payment just fails and doesn't seem to retry. I've had success switching to my PC after the initial drop to pick up subsequent stock

Associate
They do have stock I just managed to grab an Aorus 3060 for next day delivery for my brother, but I find their website doesn't work properly on mobile when it's busy. The card payment just fails and doesn't seem to retry. I've had success switching to my PC after the initial drop to pick up subsequent stock

I'm talking specifically about 3080 in this case

Back
Top Bottom