• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I would rather be in a queue for a card at launch price then be faced with fighting for scraps at cards been sold for a grand at unannounced random times. But I guess thats just me. OCUK have already shown they will upgrade people if thats what it takes to fulfil orders, you are in a better position than most people.

I fear you miss understand me, it's not that I'm in a que that I take issue with, it's that after chasing zotac themselves for what has now been months mearly for information. As the card has been pulled from their website their USA reps know less than nothing about one other than it was on their schedule and now it's been pushed to.... And this is the best bit no one knows they don't know, no answers from zotac or any of their reps anywhere. So while I'm lucky to be in a que, the fact remains that neither I, gibbo nor zotac themselves it would seem have a damn clue if the things even still going to release at all at this point. That is my point the fact that most of if not all of the other skus are an actual product, available in numbers or not they exist. The amp extreme currently doesn't and with a total vacuum of information it's deafening. If the company manufacturing the card refuses to acknowledge its existence honestly how long do you think I and anyone else sat in this que will be waiting. Eta at some point between now and the heat death of the universe it seems.

Associate
Looks like my watch is over :D

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 XTREME.

Order placed 17 Sep 2020 15:33:00. Was position 5 in the queue last update. "Your Order has been packed and is in the process of being shipped"

Good luck to all that are waiting for the GPU Gods to smile on you.

Associate
Its not January 2022 yet :p:p

I'm about ready to cancel my order, it's been a total joke with Inno3d!

350 people did the same as me then. People will mostly go for RGB cards or Strix or TUF etc. I will go for this boring old bland little card no one will want one of those.

That is what I did with the Inno3d X4 3080...big mistake this time. Shame because going for that model on the 1080, I got launch week delivery.

What annoys me is within 4 months only 140 3080 ventus have been sent out while there are loads of other cards arriving and being sent to customers.
I know everyone at overclockers is trying their hardest but It is just frustrating that I see news, updates and on the updates page 50pc of multiple different cards have been sent out and there is no news at all about the 3080 ventus.
@Gibbo is there any news at all about the 3080 ventus?

Only been about 15 X4 Inno3d 3080, so there are people worse off.,

The Ventus aren't dead, we are still getting them in small numbers but as I said earlier in this enormous thread, the Ventus card is MSI's system integration model. A couple of generations ago it was SI exclusive and much of the stock that we've received has been designated for our SI business (even that isn't a lot). However, because MSI aren't a focus brand for my SI business I'm able to give some stock to Gibbo at times. I was given a whopping 20pcs last month of which I was able to give 7 to those in the retail queue.

Food For thought
There are major SI's, bigger than OcUK who DO focus on MSI, in fact MSI is the core of their business and MSI rely on that business for a lot of their volume every year. So, who do you think MSI are most likely to give their Ventus cards to?

This is not a criticism of MSI, we rely on similar relationships with other brands, it's just business.

In fact, if you take it back as far as manufacturing. Say MSI are given 1000 GPU and 200 are allocated by Nvidia for the SI sector, most, if not all of which will be turned into Ventus cards. That leaves 800 for retail. If they put them on Ventus PCB they would probably make less money than if they put them on Trio PCB, so, when it comes down to splitting the retail allocation, which way do you think they might lean? This is purely hypothetical. We're not privy to this information but it's worth thinking about as it would explain a lot.

@ScottiB Fancy handing out a few more cards bro and maybe a box of Haribo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Looks like my watch is over :D

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 XTREME.

Order placed 17 Sep 2020 15:33:00. Was position 5 in the queue last update. "Your Order has been packed and is in the process of being shipped"

Good luck to all that are waiting for the GPU Gods to smile on you.

Congrats, but ouch, took em 4 months to get 5 cards in, unless they had hundreds of cancellations :D

Associate
6th in queue for 3080 Aorus Xtreme, shipping notification email received @ 14:03 - 06/01/21.

Here's hoping. The wife might finally get off my case, for a while at least... She's waiting on the 2080 that's in mine atm, running an old 1060. The language she uttered when she tried to run cyberpunk on her rig was, frankly, unrepeatable in public. XD

Associate
anyone get an asus tuf oc 3080 recently? i feel like this queue is moving the slowest out of them all

TUF OC 3080 is probably the fastest moving card out there, and I say that as a TUF OC queue member so I am feeling "relatively lucky". Of course you can still be position 1000 but I think most day 1 and day 2 orders have been filled.

Back
Top Bottom