• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I’m just not prepared to pay the scalpers.

It would be good if something could be put in place to limit supply to those that will actually use them, but as above, there isn’t any “easy solution”.

Associate
At least here we don’t watch an item come into stock for 5 seconds then go out of stock. Only to appear for sale by a third party at 30% - 50% markup.

Associate
Im 99% sure the Asus cards stuck in the doc is what my build is currently waiting for, 4th in line I believe- it's so close I can taste it but it's on Asus to sort it out.

What gets me is on my account I have an order from 2 years ago thats just below the build I ordered so every so often when I check it I see green text and "Order shipped" and I get a little excited then realise I was seeing the old order- I've done this multiple times now :')

Associate
15/01/21 queue position 313
22/01/21 queue position 312

29/01/21 queue position 306

= 7 in three weeks
= 2.33 per week
306 / 2.33 = 131 weeks

= August 2023

:(
1/12/20Queue position 513
1/1/21 Queue position 513
1/2/21Queue position 513
=0 in three months
=0 per week
=Graphics card, never!
You gotta love being with MSI!

Associate
Overclockers.co.uk: Queue Position of Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fQ7GlVhIP_YNjFJQYFvE5a-6H1Ywnw7aacjRfLNn_tE/edit?usp=sharing

The thing to note is the red trend line, that's the queue position delta or how many positions my order is moving per week, is basically aiming at 'zero' change well before the trend line calculating the expected date is, by months.

With Chinese Lunar new year, Brexit, COVID, it's entirely expected.

My guess is that I'll probably be looking at getting my order fulfilled around the same time I'm called up for the jab around summer ;)

Associate
Hi @ScottiB .

As backorder queues get fulfilled, is there any plan to get inbound stock from given manufacturers to be offered to people waiting on other manufacturers' cards?
i.e.: I am waiting for an MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio card (bought on Launch day, but still sitting at 153th in the queue). If Gigabyte's AORUS 3080 Extreme cards get their backorder queue fulfilled, would you offer new AORUS Extreme stock to people waiting for MSI Gaming X Trio as a replacement?

Associate
This is perhaps why shipments of GPUs have dropped and prices are increasing:

European retailers face goods shortages as shipping costs soar (Paywalled) https://www.ft.com/content/40d23da5-c321-4b56-8ec7-551573a7a485

Basically, prices have gone up from $2,000 a container in November to more than $9,000 now. Even if GPUs are shipped via air, many other firms may be causing a squeeze in air capacity and costs.

Back
Top Bottom