• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Well after much thought, I’ve sadly cancelled my order I was at 211 on the Asus tuf non oc model. If we were just going to be booted off the queue over 50 in the queue then might as well not delay the inevitable. Would like to say one thing though from experience I’ve had from overclockers, the way things were done from the get go is wrong considering I’m seeing other company’s are managing to get there cards out to customers, I don’t understand how this is happening other than overclockers just doesn’t have the same reputation as the other companies. Just wish I’d have known this when placing my order. Guess my newly built computer will have to collect dust in the attic what a shame. Good luck to everyone under 50 in the queue, the rest of you just give up while you still have some dignity left.

Associate
Looking for advice now, I got £750 on an ASUS TUF OC 3080 here and i was about 400 in the queue last time I got an update so I'm wondering if I should get a refund and use the cash for a Ryzen R5 5600X and 32GB of DDR4 3600mhz CL16 memory? If I upgrade CPU/memory should I also replace my motherboard? It's a ROG STRIX B-450 F. Currently got R5 2600 @ 4.05Ghz + 32GB DDR4 3200mhz and a RTX 3070. If it's not going to be a good upgrade I'd rather just have the cash at this point.

Associate
Well after much thought, I’ve sadly cancelled my order I was at 211 on the Asus tuf non oc model. If we were just going to be booted off the queue over 50 in the queue then might as well not delay the inevitable. Would like to say one thing though from experience I’ve had from overclockers, the way things were done from the get go is wrong considering I’m seeing other company’s are managing to get there cards out to customers, I don’t understand how this is happening other than overclockers just doesn’t have the same reputation as the other companies. Just wish I’d have known this when placing my order. Guess my newly built computer will have to collect dust in the attic what a shame. Good luck to everyone under 50 in the queue, the rest of you just give up while you still have some dignity left.
Sorry you're having to cancel but unfortunately the lack of cards is worldwide.

Waiting for day one orders in Poland, Norway and Canada.

Nvidia should be getting you're ire. They said at launch there would be plenty of stock, vastly underestimating the demand. AMD followed suit a few weeks later, again vastly underestimating the demand.

Soldato
If you listen to Linus - he had a deal for RTX cards for his `Verified Actual Gamer` programme - of which 1 agent was involved. Guess what, that same agent sold most of the delivery on the dockside (Linus has the video about it). Literally pallets of cards are being sold at inflated prices by importers.

Soldato
The wimpering call of gamers everywhere, clinging to the faint hope that mining will go away.

However, with Coinbase floating on the stock market and loads of Bitcoin ETFs popping up. The chances are that the mainstream adoption which could cement Crypto's place in our future is closer than ever.

Back when I mined on my 1070 which is how many years ago now? I remember proof of stake been mentioned as "soon" and years later its still "soon", cant see it happening. Plus as you said the alt coins.

Associate
I’m 24th in a queue for a 3080 ventus do you guys think I’ll get it in the next 3 months or so or should I cancel and just get a 3070 laptop

You'd be better off buying a pre-built PC with 3080, then flogging the rest of the PC with a low end second hand GPU in it. Or keep the whole damn rig is cash isn't an issue :D

A 3070 mobile GPU will only have 3060 desktop-grade performance...

Soldato
That's one for @Gibbo
Zotac are delivering but as with all brands at the moment, there's less production on the entry level cards in the stack...or, at least, there's less reaching us.

Is 3080 Trinity OC entry level? Or you mean Zotac as a manufacturer? Super annoying to see them doing "drops" on thier website for folks in the US. People have received cards ordered at the start of April... Good times...

Soldato
Back when I mined on my 1070 which is how many years ago now? I remember proof of stake been mentioned as "soon" and years later its still "soon", cant see it happening. Plus as you said the alt coins.

I've been following POS since 2014 and its a valid protocol, saves a lot of work and involves every user in the mining process (like the old BTC wallet had mining inside it) which is great rather then concentrating the fees to foreign countries using dirty energy to power it all. ETH might be the best hope for an actual mainstream usage but there are active blockchains with POS where its very cheap almost instant transmission and its all secure but they are tiny.
Unfortunately here we are with BTC which isnt as efficient but has far more apparent security so commands the 1 trillion valuation on it and money speaks I guess. I've yet to hear of any downside to POS but also it hasnt been fully tested by mainstream usage so many dismiss it, capitalism always defers to efficiency eventually but its just all theory for now.

Associate
Finally bit the bullet and cancelled my order. The whole timeline has been a joke. Ordered a msi ventus on October 14th and was 367th in the queue. At time of cancelling today. Sad times with my brand new pc harboring a gtx 970.. will just try my hand at hopefully getting lucky I suppose.

Associate
Associate
Day one trio order here, went from 792 in the queue to 46 as of 2 weeks ago. IMO this is just to create a pretext to cancel all the pre-orders. Last time I buy from MSI. The reality is that they stopped sending trio's months ago, and there's have only been Suprims for the whole of 2021

What makes this even more scummy is that just a couple of weeks ago they announced three refreshed gaming X's, a gaming z and a cheaper Suprim SE (all identical looking but an ounce lighter). Seems they couldn't care less about their brand reputation.

Strange times when literally no one seems to give a damn about their brand reputation anymore. Everyone down the chain obviously thinks their positions are secure and the customer is powerless and out of options, so screw them.

Well things change fast, and brands are replaced all the time. The coming years could be very tight for manufacturers and retailers as the world pays for the consequences of lockdown and the free money ends... so the time when they really need these customers could come sooner than they think.

Associate
Day one trio order here, went from 792 in the queue to 46 as of 2 weeks ago. IMO this is just to create a pretext to cancel all the pre-orders. Last time I buy from MSI. The reality is that they stopped sending trio's months ago, and there's have only been Suprims for the whole of 2021

What makes this even more scummy is that just a couple of weeks ago they announced three refreshed gaming X's, a gaming z and a cheaper Suprim SE (all identical looking but an ounce lighter). Seems they couldn't care less about their brand reputation.

Strange times when literally no one seems to give a damn about their brand reputation anymore. Everyone down the chain obviously thinks their positions are secure and the customer is powerless and out of options, so screw them.

Well things change fast, and brands are replaced all the time. The coming years could be very tight for manufacturers and retailers as the world pays for the consequences of lockdown and the free money ends... so the time when they really need these customers could come sooner than they think.
They've got us all over a barrel and they know it. Nvidia more than anybody.

OcUK Staff
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom