• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Hi there

I am afraid today I deliver bad news to all those who have pre-ordered and are waiting for an MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio:
https://www.archyde.com/msi-stops-p...hics-card-buyers-did-not-wait-for-pre-orders/

I have contacted MSI directly who have confirmed the part is indeed EOL.
The part will be replaced by a Gaming Z Trio, to which I asked MSI can you fulfil our back orders which are presently at 576 units to which the response was "sorry mate, I believe you know the answer" which means not a chance.

This is deeply upsetting to ourselves as we know it will cause great upset amongst our customers, but I must make it crystal clear OcUK has kept MSI informed of our back order quantity since day one, which was originally around 1100 units. Since launch OcUK has had around 350 units of the MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio and OcUK also upgraded around 200 customers to the MSI 3080 Suprim X model free of charge at great loss to ourselves. Unfortunately upgrades are not possible any more as we would be losing around £250-300 per card due to severe price increases from the board partners. But that aside we are simply not seeing any incoming shipments on 3080 from most board partners, so we cannot even offer a paid upgrade service as we have no stock to offer upgrades for at present and the outlook for May looks worse than April, so pretty much no stock.

As such we ask our customers to NOT request a refund using the online form or webnote/phones as it will tie up our customer services people and instead we are investigating a way to refund all the MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio orders as quickly as possible and we hope to do this very soon.

This is how patience is awarded. Bought an MSI Gaming X Trio at launch date originally at 8xxth in the queue down to position 53rd, just to get the order cancelled after several months because the card went EOL. Great!

OcUK Staff
This is how patience is awarded. Bought an MSI Gaming X Trio at launch date originally at 8xxth in the queue down to position 53rd, just to get the order cancelled after several months because the card went EOL. Great!

It is very sad for all involved, we have been upgrading customers in this queue for the past month or two to the Suprim X model, but alas there is now no stock to offer upgrades too and future supply looks poor.

We have no control over a vendor, all we can do is communicate our backlog to them and fustration.

Associate
I think the inevitable outcome is everyone gets cancelled.
There's (for all intents and purposes) no supply of the 3080, it's worse than ever and manufacturers want in on the scalped prices as a new price floor on them.

I've been around 40-50 on the Ventus 3080 since the end of October, around 6 months where one pallet of cards would have fulfilled my order

It's not happening and the promises of better supply in November were fake, a fabrication, they were false, a lie, not true.

Associate
It is very sad for all involved, we have been upgrading customers in this queue for the past month or two to the Suprim X model, but alas there is now no stock to offer upgrades too and future supply looks poor.

We have no control over a vendor, all we can do is communicate our backlog to them and fustration.
Yeah. It is what It is. My vent was not actually towards OCUK, but the situation in general. I understand you cant demand partners to make cards if they dont want to. Just makes mesad that this removed any perspective of being able to get a card this year, as none will be coming now.
Anyway. Any possibility of shifting to another queue (a smaller one, maybe for a Gigabyte Gaming Extreme instead of loosing perspective on when I will be able to get a card? Cause I refuse to pay 1k GBP on a 749GBP MSRP product)

Associate
The part will be replaced by a Gaming Z Trio, to which I asked MSI can you fulfil our back orders which are presently at 576 units to which the response was "sorry mate, I believe you know the answer" which means not a chance.

So they are releasing an equivalent performing sku, same chip & mhz with a different name at a higher price?

I'm speechless and I'm not even in the queue for this card, but I am now very worried and angry at the thought that all the other manufacturers are going to copy this behaviour, and to what end? The manufacturers aren't even the ones taking the cash hit its the e-tailers such as yourselves that have been taking the hit financially.

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo

Has there been anything at all from Asus about the 3080 TUF OC? I know you guys are doing everything you can, I'm just fearing that they do what MSI did....

Well Asus are still shipping those, just got a heads up of 5x more incoming due next week. MSI have not shipped any Gaming X Trio for over a month. As are still shipping all models, even the TUF none OC, but other brands have really been pushing their stock to the OC more profitable models.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
@Gibbo

Has there been anything at all from Asus about the 3080 TUF OC? I know you guys are doing everything you can, I'm just fearing that they do what MSI did....
I assure you, if we'd heard anything about continued supply of TUF, Eagle, Ventus, Trinity etc then you'd already know about it. I'm not exactly good at keeping secrets! :rolleyes:

OcUK Staff
Yeah. It is what It is. My vent was not actually towards OCUK, but the situation in general. I understand you cant demand partners to make cards if they dont want to. Just makes mesad that this removed any perspective of being able to get a card this year, as none will be coming now.
Anyway. Any possibility of shifting to another queue (a smaller one, maybe for a Gigabyte Gaming Extreme instead of loosing perspective on when I will be able to get a card? Cause I refuse to pay 1k GBP on a 749GBP MSRP product)

I will post what Scotti quoted:

we are genuinely looking at options but we keep coming back to the same issues;
- man power
- lack of stock
- poor automated systems

Thousands of affected customers, no stock of alternative cards, not enough manpower to have a discussion with every customer. :(

Also the problem is any 3080 we now buy in, even if we get a low-end model, our cost vastly exceeds £749 inc. vat, now of course if we had stock to upgrade you too, even if it lost us money, we would still do that, within reason which is why a lot of 3080 Gaming X pre-orders were upgraded to the Suprim X model.

Problem is now the supply is even thinner and the prices have all increased by around at least £200 since launch and as the launch prices was supported from day one, means the actual price increase is more like £250ish, some are over £300 more expensive.

But that aside we simply don't have product to offer free or even paid for upgrades too and I refer to Scott's quoted post above.

Associate
It does beggar belief that all these big companies, not just in the GPU sphere, decided to ALL release their latest & greatest products literally at the same time in the middle of a worldwide pandemic & expecting everything to go swimmingly! It smacks of pure & utter greed I'm afraid.

Soldato
Landed on an EVGA FTW3 Ultra for £670!

...except it seems to have oversold. Or been an error. Already had the concellation email and the refund :( Too good to be true, to be fair.

Associate
I emailed ASUS again, about 8 ppl in ASUS read my email and I got 1 person who acknowledged it, his reply is below, TL:DR is it's not us it's Brexit bro, I have just replied to them politely calling BS on that, and noting how the price of Ethereum, seem to shadow the supply of cards.

Thank you for reaching out again, fully appreciate your order has taken this long to fulfil and can only apologize for the frustration. We are working tirelessly to bring in stock to close the open backorders caused by the high demand on our cards, but this has been testing and we are still facing stock supply issues to cover all of the current demand.

Sadly Brexit shipping delays have also not helped us in this situation and we are working hard where possible to help keep these impacts as limited as possible however, that is beyond our control as we are not the only brand affected.

I wish we had more news I could provide but we should see your position improve as we do have more stock coming in regularly, but I can’t confirm when that will be unfortunately.

Associate
Oh and BTW sad news about the MSI cards, as someone else said as there are no cards coming in, and there has to be some kind of conclusion to this situation I can only expect the same for all of us, but can you imagine if you were number 1 or in the top 50 for that MSI card, you would be unhappy to say the least, must be frustrating AF.

Associate
Blows my mind that I have ordered a new car with extras I wanted and that has been built, shipped and arrived to me quicker than a graphics card . Let’s just hold on for the ride I guess guys and thank you ocuk for everything you are continuing to do.

Back
Top Bottom