• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
MSI cancelling a line of products now is just the start tbh, it would not surprise me one bit if many other companies start discontinuing their cheapest lines of 3080s in favour of the more profitable lines. I'm 13th in the TUF non oc queue now and I have a sneaking suspicion that we won't be seeing any more of those particular models coming in.

Yup, EOL for a pre order card is just pathetic yet they bring out a new one to milk even further, what a corrupt business all this gpu hardware has turned into, its nothing more than pure greed, every single rep on here has vanished, but they will be back one day cap in hand once the milking has ended scrounging for your money once again, would love to see this gpu market crash big time (wishfull thinking)

Associate
Yup, EOL for a pre order card is just pathetic yet they bring out a new one to milk even further, what a corrupt business all this gpu hardware has turned into, its nothing more than pure greed, every single rep on here has vanished, but they will be back one day cap in hand once the milking has ended scrounging for your money once again, would love to see this gpu market crash big time (wishfull thinking)

so true and a crash couldn't happen fast enough for me and all the nice reps can go to hell, greedy barstools! what an eye-opener to the low down world of basically legal companies scalping!!! Will be a long time before I join in this **** show again, seen or heard far too much scummy behaviour to last me a lifetime, thinking of you nvidia,msi Asus ! :eek:

Associate
Don’t even have a clue why majority of you lot are holding on, they’ve already said anyone over 50 in the queue may as well cancel. No chance in hell are ocuk going to pay out over 300 quid for each and every person in the queue they’d go bust. So just give up while you still can and stop pretending everything is going to be ok. Nobody is getting upgraded, nobody is getting a card anywhere above 100 so stop dreaming cut your losses and listen to what ocuk have said in this forum a million times now they can’t afford to lose that much money. Just Cancel for god sake.

Associate
Don’t even have a clue why majority of you lot are holding on, they’ve already said anyone over 50 in the queue may as well cancel. No chance in hell are ocuk going to pay out over 300 quid for each and every person in the queue they’d go bust. So just give up while you still can and stop pretending everything is going to be ok. Nobody is getting upgraded, nobody is getting a card anywhere above 100 so stop dreaming cut your losses and listen to what ocuk have said in this forum a million times now they can’t afford to lose that much money. Just Cancel for god sake.
No thanks. Cheers for the concern though.

Associate
No thanks. Cheers for the concern though.
Wasn’t concerned was telling you how it is, just see a load of fully grown men whining at ocuk because they can’t get orders out, if you want to sit in a queue that’s going to get cancelled anyway then go ahead. Just go back a few pages the ocuk staff said anyone over 50 may as well cancel as they can’t see themselves filling orders. So no not concerned just think it’s pointless, don’t understand how many times ocuk have to repeat themselves before you all get it.

Associate
Anyone wanna place bets on the next line to get hit with the EOL bat?

LOL, a GPU deadpool, why not! :p

OK, based on Gibbo's March update, I bring you:

3aNRvmB.jpg

In order of potential misery, the EVGA lineup tops the billing (apart from the XC3 Ultra), followed by the non-OC Strix and the non-OC TUF :eek:, then the Strix OC, Ventus 3X OC.

The Gaming X Trio actually wasn't looking too bad until they took it round the back of the shed and put it down. :confused:

Place your bets please :rolleyes:

Associate

3aNRvmB.jpg

In order of potential misery, the EVGA lineup tops the billing (apart from the XC3 Ultra), followed by the non-OC Strix and the non-OC TUF :eek:, then the Strix OC, Ventus 3X OC.

The Gaming X Trio actually wasn't looking too bad until they took it round the back of the shed and put it down. :confused:

Based on this, when the next generation comes out, I’m going to try for a Zotac card. At least they actually try and deliver stock to their customers...

Soldato
from the evga forum:

EU QUEUE reported positions:

3080 XC3 Ultra 3885 9/17/2020 8:35:00 AM PT
3080 FTW3 Ultra 3897 9/17/2020 7:50:00 AM PT

The date and time is WHEN an order was placed anywhere in the EU for that card - so if an XC3 Ultra was ordered at 8.36am on the 17/9/2020 - they are still waiting for it....

Associate
Based on this, when the next generation comes out, I’m going to try for a Zotac card. At least they actually try and deliver stock to their customers...
Don’t forget you can’t just look at the percentages as that is proportionate to the amount of cards ordered. For example even though ASUS’s percentages aren’t great, they have shipped over triple the amount Zotac has shipped and that’s only from one card

Soldato

3aNRvmB.jpg

Thats embarrassing from EVGA, I still remember them attacking OCUK on twitter after been called out claiming OCUK were lying, well the numbers don't lie.

Associate

It’s simple.
Either stay in a queue where there is a possibility of getting a card at release price regardless of how low that chance is.
Or, stay in a queue where there is a possibility of getting a card at current MRP price, regardless of how low that chance is.
Or, come out the queue and chance finding a card, regardless of how low that is, and pay over 2 grand from a scalper - read that number again, over 2 grand!
Or have no card because you can’t preorder anywhere.

in my view, you’re better off waiting in the queue.

Associate
And they spell disaster for EVGA at Sacrifice!

EVGA, don't give a flying F@#k about UK customers. Just check out their official forums No meaningful UK stock updates since launch.

But this may be good thing because the quality of their cards have gone downhill multiple reports of failed cards within the first month and cheap/bad build quality.

Even their flagship kingpin card seems to be falling apart within two months.

Ever GPU I have owned since GTX 580 has been an EVGA cards. But due to the bulshit I would never purchase one of thier GPU again.

Actually I need to thank EVGA for introducing me to the ASUS RTX 3090 Tuf OC, I purchase this week.

Better than EVGA graphic cards in all aspects :cool:

Associate
I'm 7th in the queue for mine so I'm good. Think they're still working to do what they can. People have been upgraded as recently as yesterday as far as I'm aware.

Don’t forget you can’t just look at the percentages as that is proportionate to the amount of cards ordered. For example even though ASUS’s percentages aren’t great, they have shipped over triple the amount Zotac has shipped and that’s only from one card
When I bought my zotac in November I started at position 88 only had cancelled movements. Untill this week 25 cards were upgraded. So I to am not so sure on Zotac getting cards to the customer.
OCUK smashed it out the park with the upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom