• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Ordered a 3080 TUF on release day at 5pm. All the "upgrade" options are an increase in price, cheapest being an extra £80 or so for a 3070ti. I think I will take my chances and wait in the queue rather than pay for a downgrade or pay double for a 3080ti. At this point I would take the option to have my money held as a deposit to secure a 4080 whenever they are released (wishful thinking, I know)!

Associate
Strix 3080Ti; overclockers have this weird habit of sometimes calling the Strix line 'ROG Strix' and sometimes just 'ROG Gaming' when the only ROG 3080Ti is the Strix.

As for total payment:
21 September 2020: paid €984.99 for a Rog Strix 3080 OC (€984.99)
1 January 2021: refunded €176.49 VAT (€808.50)
23 July 2021: begrudgingly paid €704.50 to upgrade to a Strix 3080Ti (€1,513)
28 July 2021: paid €371.47 to DHL, was expecting nearly €600 (€1884.47)

So uh...yeah. Nearly 2 grand in total.
If you'll excuse me I have to go make sure I never actually acknowledge that number ever again, but god damn I did not want to downgrade to a 3070ti. Here's hoping that future launches aren't as painful.

You could have bought a decent second hand car for that much !

Associate
After all this time, I'm out of the game and submitted my cancellation to OCUK for the Asus TUF 3080 OC. I managed to land a 3080 FE at MSRP a little while back and was holding out for the Asus, with the idea to flip the FE, as the Asus is technically a better card. After a while of having the FE, I can't justify the extra £100+ for the Asus and could do with the £760 or whatever the price was back into my bank account.

I was position 223 on the last queue update, for those interested. I doubt I'd see the card this year if I kept the order open.

Last edited:
Associate
Half serious request. Will there be a 3070ti stock discussion thread for those of us who are looking to jump ship? I’d love to know when the Inno3D cards are coming back in stock.

Associate
It was mentioned this morning on local news that the the evergreen has finally made it to port, a previous post hinted at there being stock on the ship destined for overclockers, without giving to much away once the stock arrives will it clear the back orders and leave some for sale or where you not expecting enough on this shipment anyways?

Permabanned
It was mentioned this morning on local news that the the evergreen has finally made it to port, a previous post hinted at there being stock on the ship destined for overclockers, without giving to much away once the stock arrives will it clear the back orders and leave some for sale or where you not expecting enough on this shipment anyways?
Unless its stock on cards thats orders are already cleared which is like maybe one or 2 lines then I highly doubt there will be any that will go on sale.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
the only stock I'm aware of is branded Corsair so you are in the wrong place for that discussion

Associate
Well, my card arrived. I appreciate Asus' attempt at kindling nostalgia for playing Pass The Parcel as a child
unknown.png

5hzn6u.png

It'll be a while before I can install it but good lord, ASUS' packaged manuals are poor. As much as the Strix line is made to feel like you're getting a 'premium product' (and in fairness you are) it makes no mention of the PWM connectors to base your chassis fan curve off the GPU temp or other hardware features I'd love to know - I was under the impression that you connect the RGB on the side to an ARGB mobo header, but if you do, there's no mention of it in the booklet.

Anyway, fingers crossed. I'm sweating at the fact that this thing is so, so much longer than my GTX 1660. I'm glad I bought a bracket to give it some support.

Permabanned
You know what really sucks, is seeing your mate who ordered the same card off here and went for the 3080Ti upgrade unbox it and install it on discord while your stuck waiting for your own card :(

Last edited:
Permabanned
Well, my card arrived. I appreciate Asus' attempt at kindling nostalgia for playing Pass The Parcel as a child
unknown.png

5hzn6u.png

It'll be a while before I can install it but good lord, ASUS' packaged manuals are poor. As much as the Strix line is made to feel like you're getting a 'premium product' (and in fairness you are) it makes no mention of the PWM connectors to base your chassis fan curve off the GPU temp or other hardware features I'd love to know - I was under the impression that you connect the RGB on the side to an ARGB mobo header, but if you do, there's no mention of it in the booklet.

Anyway, fingers crossed. I'm sweating at the fact that this thing is so, so much longer than my GTX 1660. I'm glad I bought a bracket to give it some support.
Damn nice also you dont need to connect anything to the gpu other than the power since it can be controlled through software

Associate
Gibbo said:
Unfortunately we must have priced them a bit too keenly as they sold very fast, too fast meaning the website did not update the stock status quick enough and as such 9 units over sold, we do have 2 units incoming which will leave 7 back orders, Gigabyte tend to ship us one unit per week on this SKU so in theory your back order will be fulfilled, if you don't wish to wait then request a refund.
84ndMve.png

Well that only took two days from order to ship :cool: I'll be damned

Last edited:
Associate
i quite like looking at the forum and waiting for my card to come. i think i will miss this forum, when i get my card.
PS only joking in part, i think we should start a thread for people who survived 6 months or more on a list

Back
Top Bottom