• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Caporegime
Thats what Im dreading as I have waited nearly 10 months now for a card just to have it cancelled and my only alternative then is to pay for the hiked up overpriced cards as OCUK is my only actual source of gpus at least in Ireland :(

Feel for you guys, but remember the offers they're sending out now you won't get another chance at. This is pretty much going to be it as they just haven't the manpower to keep doing it...

Permabanned
Feel for you guys, but remember the offers they're sending out now you won't get another chance at. This is pretty much going to be it as they just haven't the manpower to keep doing it...
To bad the upgrade offers aren't great, I haven't gotten any but having to fork out another almost 1000 euro for a 3080Ti isn't possible right now

Permabanned
surely people are still not waiting for a card that they ordered at launch ???
Sadly so, I feel like overclockers should have just cancelled everyone ages ago but ah well, Im only sticking it out for now since they are my only choice. Also can't imagine how much interest has been made up with the amount of money from all the preorders :eek:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sadly so, I feel like overclockers should have just cancelled everyone ages ago but ah well, Im only sticking it out for now since they are my only choice

I'd have cancelled all you ****ers after Christmas and had done with it, made some lovely lolly on the stock that *could* be gotten :D

OcUK been v v generous imo, and most can't even see that.

Permabanned
I'd have cancelled all you ****ers after Christmas and had done with it, made some lovely lolly on the stock that *could* be gotten :D

Oh I know they have been generous its just crazy to think the one company that I know of that took the full amount for each preorder is one of the only ones never getting cards

Soldato
Oh I know they have been generous its just crazy to think the one company that I know of that took the full amount for each preorder is one of the only ones never getting cards
I doubt there is much incentive chasing stock or overpaying distributors when they are losing money on each order.

Permabanned
Cancelling looks bad for PR though, drag it out and hope the customers cancel or offer them alternative cards at the "new prices" instead.
Either way this will end up in a mass cancellation more than likely since there are still at least 1000-2000 orders on going and out of those orders a VERY small percentage of those orders actually look at the forums so not many will know of an option to even upgrade unless they are fortunate enough to get an email. Also not a lot of people are in a position to even take an upgrade, like In my position if I were offered and if for whatever reason its only 3080Tis then I will 100% not be taking it as I am starting college in the next 1 1/2 months so I need all the money I have right now for that, thats the only reason Im holding onto the 3080 order at this stage.

Soldato
Either way this will end up in a mass cancellation more than likely since there are still at least 1000-2000 orders on going and out of those orders a VERY small percentage of those orders actually look at the forums so not many will know of an option to even upgrade unless they are fortunate enough to get an email. Also not a lot of people are in a position to even take an upgrade, like In my position if I were offered and if for whatever reason its only 3080Tis then I will 100% not be taking it as I am starting college in the next 1 1/2 months so I need all the money I have right now for that, thats the only reason Im holding onto the 3080 order at this stage.
I guess once all cards are swapped out to the newer LHR versions and the originals are discontinued then OCUK can cancel and put the blame on Nvidia / AIBs.

Permabanned
I guess once all cards are swapped out to the newer LHR versions and the originals are discontinued then OCUK can cancel and put the blame on Nvidia / AIBs.
Yep sadly, I hope I get offered a 3070Ti if not I am going to be pretty ****** after waiting nearly a year and well I am planning to do a course in engineering and my 1070 will definitely struggle with any kinda of CAD. Not much blame to put on OC really just a freak incident that happened with such an unexpected shortage.

Associate

so bloody true, should imagine they have lost thousands honouring day one orders, yet people are still moaning now, very ungrateful and some down right bloody rude! id start cancelling a few of the not so loyal ones !:eek:

Back
Top Bottom