• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Yeah, I unsubscribed to the guy a long time ago. He's all mouth no brain. He also acts like a man baby anytime he gets called out on it, deletes comments that point out when he's wrong and has no problem insulting others but freaks out if someone calls him. He's a poser, nothing else.

Not that im a huge fan of jay but he's alright, he regurgitated what igors lab found,

Associate
79th your lucky thats a short number, MSI cards are the biggest seller which means the most stock which means more delivery which means you should receive your card in 7 days based on 2 weekly delivery's of 40 cards, man next week your gonna be gaming 3080 style

damn u see some people on the bay selling 3080s right now for £1200-£1400 and people are bidding and buying them at that price, also 3090s selling for £2200 quid, thats worse than people checking this thread every 18 hours. :)

I got my order in fairly fast considering the website was terrible the first hour. I'm guessing they have had 100s if not 1000s of refunds to do as people unhappy to wait 2-3 months for a card.

Associate
forget 7000 back logged preorders, lets just go with 5000, each card an average of £600 so lets go with 600x5000=3000000

not adding 3090s or 3070s

Thats a cool 3 million in the bank earning interest at an average of 1 to 2%, lets just say 1% interest rate, thats 30 grand, minus 20% tax thats 24k give or take, now 2 months of pre orders is around 2k a month so £4000 in interest earned for pre-orders over two months.

I might be wrong but its a quick calculation. he he he

Interest rate at 1 to 2 percent! Nah more like 0.1 percent Per Year....

Associate
I just saw in their latest news update that they compared their pre order system to buying a concert ticket, and that by allowing pre orders with payment up front this gives them more leverage over suppliers.

I completely disagree as can you imagine the uproar if an event organiser sold thousands of tickets to a Taylor Swift gig before they have even spoke to Taylor Swift, then used those ticket sales as leverage to try and book Taylor Swift.

Ridiculous imo.

Surely it's more like if she'd already agreed to play 5 concerts and they used it as leverage to get her to pay 5 more, knowing that she had a history of playing as many concets as venues could fill, and would favour venues who could offer more dates?

Associate
@Vsynced
guess you not heard about ULTRA FESTIVAL not even they cancelled due to corvid not refunded money or anything

https://www.billboard.com/articles/...ra-music-festival-miami-no-refund-coronavirus

followed by
https://completemusicupdate.com/article/cancelled-ultra-music-festival-sued-over-its-refunds-policy/

Those are 300 quid tickets FIY two of my mates got shafted ended up flying to usa for a week cause had hotels and flights booked alrd.

So ye You seen xxxx alll
Seeing as an obvious breach of contract you can easily get your money back through charge back (credit card) or even easier if u payed through PayPal.

Associate
forget 7000 back logged preorders, lets just go with 5000, each card an average of £600 so lets go with 600x5000=3000000

not adding 3090s or 3070s

Thats a cool 3 million in the bank earning interest at an average of 1 to 2%, lets just say 1% interest rate, thats 30 grand, minus 20% tax thats 24k give or take, now 2 months of pre orders is around 2k a month so £4000 in interest earned for pre-orders over two months.

I might be wrong but its a quick calculation. he he he

It would be nice for them if this is true. But as someone who has their own company and corresponding business bank account. You don't earn any interest on funds held in a business account

Associate
I still haven’t had an answer to the question, I bought the extra damage etc insurance and like a flash the insurance cert came through covering my card for a year...... which would be great if I had the damn card to cover, I assume my cover is ticking down So I am in effect paying a premium to cover nothing.

Associate
I still haven’t had an answer to the question, I bought the extra damage etc insurance and like a flash the insurance cert came through covering my card for a year...... which would be great if I had the damn card to cover, I assume my cover is ticking down So I am in effect paying a premium to cover nothing.

No. The cover will start when you get your card. No company would do that.

Associate
No. The cover will start when you get your card. No company would do that.

wrong, the certificate that was emailed to me the cover started on the 18th, the day after the card was ordered. How’s that for screwing you over.

B2B SEL - PC components - insurance - 750
Insurance start date: 18/09/2020
Insurance end date: 17/09/2021
Insured Product: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming OC 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card

Associate
All these people thinking OC are raking it in with interest payments. There isn't a single account in the country of any description that will pay anything close to what would be required to see any form of worthwhile return and if the exchange rate blows the wrong way they'll be lucky not to lose money on the first cards bought unless they were already paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom