• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I still haven’t had an answer to the question, I bought the extra damage etc insurance and like a flash the insurance cert came through covering my card for a year...... which would be great if I had the damn card to cover, I assume my cover is ticking down So I am in effect paying a premium to cover nothing.

I spoke to them about this, cause I was like huh, before i purchased it. They said I can call them up again when I have a delivery date with the order emailed to them and they would change the certificate.

No. The cover will start when you get your card. No company would do that.

They do and did do that, but read above. I phoned them up before hand saying they can't do it insuraning something we dont own is not something a company does. But they seemed nice about it and said they can change it

Associate
wrong, the certificate that was emailed to me the cover started on the 18th, the day after the card was ordered. How’s that for screwing you over.

B2B SEL - PC components - insurance - 750
Insurance start date: 18/09/2020
Insurance end date: 17/09/2021
Insured Product: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming OC 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card

Wow that's pretty terrible

Associate
wrong, the certificate that was emailed to me the cover started on the 18th, the day after the card was ordered. How’s that for screwing you over.

B2B SEL - PC components - insurance - 750
Insurance start date: 18/09/2020
Insurance end date: 17/09/2021
Insured Product: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming OC 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card

I see what you are saying. You will have to contact Overclockers I suppose. They should be starting it when the card ships.

Associate
People think that if someone got loads of followers hes well educated. And in reality its all about how good ya sell yourself and people watch You./ Linus uised to be good years ago but now not good at all sadly.

Just look at hes "skill"
cant bealive people watch guy that cant solder !!!
Sorry but anyone who uses a terrible quality soldering iron like that should just quit immediately. You need a finer tip with lots of heat and good solder and with good flux so it flows nicely. I stopped the video the moment I saw the soldering iron.

Last edited:
Associate
I have a question though, not sure if anyone else asked it before.
How come the cards didn't crash in tests? I mean, before releasing a product you need to test it to make sure its worth the money or you'll loose your clients.
I actually think they did crash and they released it anyway without giving a s***. Or they're planning on fixing the upcoming stock out of the profit they made from pre-orders.
Either way, its a huge **** up from nv.

Associate
I think i get the principle of what he is saying in his updated article, but in essence its too advanced for me,
but yeah sounds like jay jumped the gun a bit too quick on that one,.

Basically 1:10:100 creating a noise about noise. Like for every 1 person that knows what they are talking about 10 repeat and repost to get clicks and 100 watch it and panic.

I must have started watching several "yet another video just passing on the rumour" and killed them quickly.

Associate
How come the cards didn't crash in tests? I mean, before releasing a product you need to test it to make sure its worth the money or you'll loose your clients.
I actually think they did crash and they released it anyway without giving a s***. Or they're planning on fixing the upcoming stock out of the profit they made from pre-orders.

Massive, no graphics card has ever launched with a mild driver issue. Its unheard of. some 1080tis combusted but this is wayyyyy more serious.

Associate

I suspect that real life use trumps lab testing. Especially given the massive variation in system setups and conditions.

Associate
I stopped watching him years ago when his head got too big, well before he got to a million. Only watched him for the stats, found in a bit obnoxious. Linus does odd and crazy stuff, but less so I guess than he used to.

Much prefer Tech Jesus or one of the other really hardcore tech people to watch for information
Tech Jesus is awesome, you always know when he does a video it's been well thought out and is thoroughly impartial. There's no one else on YouTube who's on par with Gamersnexus. Excellent channel.

Associate
I have a Gigabyte card ordered with a competitor - I have been told that providing they get their expected shipment on Wednesday, then mine will be sent out for delivery Thursday. However, since then I have done a complete new build and I really want a Founders Edition as they look so much better! Why oh why does nVidia do this to us?!?!

Associate
All these people thinking OC are raking it in with interest payments. There isn't a single account in the country of any description that will pay anything close to what would be required to see any form of worthwhile return and if the exchange rate blows the wrong way they'll be lucky not to lose money on the first cards bought unless they were already paid for.

you think ocuk would soak up any loss due to exchange rates moving in the wrong direction? i 100% believe they'd rather cancel peoples preorders than lose any money.

Associate
So as per my post above.

Palit knows when they are shipping their cards.

They answer through various different channels, promptly also.

When asking about shipments they are helpful. But they do always say to contact your local retailer for a more precise restock schedule.
So obviously the retailers are privvy to delivery schedules as well.
And I have seen them name all the UK retailers in one of their posts including here, so it's not like they don't know who's selling their product

My question is why didn't we even get that information that the guy told me they are making shipments early in October ?

And why aren't we getting the more detailed info either ?

Another guy from Palit told me there will be multiple shipments in October, first gaming Pro and gaming pro OC, then gamerock variants later in the month

OCUK aren't being very transparent here at all it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom