• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti/3070-ti reviews thread

Caporegime
I mean, technically:

The 3080 RRP is the same RRP as the 2080
The 3080ti RRP is the same RRP as the 2080ti

What's the problem? Supply, not Nvidia's price so you can hop off ya bandwagon

The 2080/2080Ti performance difference was substantial. 3080Ti is a slight tweak in comparison.

Soldato
RTX 3080 TI overclocked beating the RTX 3090 at stock I see:

overclocked-performance.png

It's nice, I like

And all it took was 400 watts!

Permabanned
Honestly, I don't care. What is the point in even releasing new hardware when no one can get any of it? It's like rubbing salt in the wounds. I think it's amazing insensitive and out of touch of NVIDIA to keep on releasing stuff like nothing is wrong.

Soldato
I don't know what graphics cards you chaps have now, but I think it's probably possible to get a RTX 3070 FE or maybe RTX 3070 TI FE (since it's the same GA104 die), if you use telegram alerts, stock sticks around for 10-20 mins and sometimes reappears after a few minutes. I mean, these GPUs aren't mega cheap either, but they are reasonable compared to the RTX 2000 series.

This might not be enough performance for you, but with more DLSS and FSR game support coming, maybe this will be enough for a while?

Last edited:
Soldato
Honestly, I don't care. What is the point in even releasing new hardware when no one can get any of it? It's like rubbing salt in the wounds. I think it's amazing insensitive and out of touch of NVIDIA to keep on releasing stuff like nothing is wrong.

No problem getting cards for me

Just checked the stock, if I want to I can go grab a 6900xt, 6800, rtx3090, rtx3080ti or rtx3060- all in stock ready to go

the only question is do you have the money cause if you got money, the cards are good to go brand new

Soldato
I don't think it's insensitive, it's motivated by greed and profit. It's a shame they don't make more FE graphics cards, until they do, just refuse to buy.

They still make money on FE graphics cards, some much more than others. This is actually something AMD could try to do much more for the next generation of GPUS, if they are serious about dethroning Nvidia. It's very disappointing to see how few RX 6000 series reference cards have been produced.

Last edited:
Associate
Good, let reviewers smash them. Sick and tired of these prices.

They could do/could have done ( for 3070/3080/3090 too ) so much more to get these gpus in gamers hands at MSRP.

Sony managed to sell 9mil consoles so far, offer 2080 perf in raster/2060 in RT at 500$ dollars ( EXACTLY ) every single time in store here when it pops occasionally. None of the big stores can/ will raise price because of repercussions.

Why does Nvidia / Amd need these ****** ‘partners’ anyway? So they can sell their products for 4x the price? **** that. Do something! No? Get ****** then.

Associate
Does anybody remember when the Ti version was "up to" 30% faster than the vanilla XX80 card? LIke with the 1080Ti?

The gap has been getting smaller are smaller..... so much so I feel like an absolute winner with my RRP gained 3080 (with full hash rate! :p)

Permabanned
I don't think it's insensitive, it's motivated by greed and profit. It's a shame they don't make more FE graphics cards, until they do, just refuse to buy.

They still make money on FE graphics cards, some much more than others. This is actually something AMD could try to do much more for the next generation of GPUS, if they are serious about dethroning Nvidia. It's very disappointing to see how few RX 6000 series cards reference have been produced.

I really do think the bigger threat to NVIDIA is intel. Intel have been messing about in the background slowly and carefully gaining experience. I can certainly tell you that when intel enters the mainstream powerful GPU's, then I will dump NVIDIA like a hot potato. I am utterly sick of the way they do nothing to actually put these cards in the hands of the gamers. They really could do it if they want to, and the fact they don't shows to me that they care far more about the cryptominers, probably because they are the ones driving the prices higher.

Associate
No problem getting cards for me

Just checked the stock, if I want to I can go grab a 6900xt, 6800, rtx3090, rtx3080ti or rtx3060- all in stock ready to go

the only question is do you have the money cause if you got money, the cards are good to go brand new

Assume though that is at scalper prices, e.g. £2k+ for a 3080ti?

Soldato
Investors probably demand production limits on FE graphics cards, apparently on some of the lower end models like the RTX 3060 TI FE, they don't make much profit. The thing is, they can set the prices at whatever they like, just add £100-200 onto the price for some models, if not enough profit is being made, then produce 10x more reference model cards (instead of sending the majority of GPU dies to AIBs).

AMD and Nvidia don't discuss reference model production, because they know they could produce a lot more, but choose not to. In fact, we know AMD was considering just not bothering with them altogether for the RX 6000 series. Also, Nvidia stopped doing pre-orders for FE models, which I think has caused a lot of grief and wasted customer's time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom