1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti/3070-ti reviews thread

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by RavenXXX2, 2 Jun 2021.

1. oldestgregg

Soldato

Same with the 3080 to 3090. Same as the Titan/Ti pricing in previous generations. Obviously they are over priced but its always the same at the ultra high end of anything. You are paying a premium to get minimal gains and its not meant to be value at that point just bragging rights.

2. bishi

Gangster

Yeah thats what i thought, my 2080ti with water cooling was 30 something most of the time. Pretty sure its these cards though, maybe it doesnt like my multi monitor setup or something. Nothing is using GPU.

3. bishi

Gangster

[​IMG]
    Just left my PC idle and went for dinner, memory is pretty hot considering its not doing anything. This is with OC core +175 and power limit maxed. Although I've reset it to defaults now in Afterburner and it doesn't make any difference.

4. RavenXXX2

Capodecina

Yeah 6X runs hot, just the way it is. Do you have poor case airflow as kind of hot for idle.

5. Purgatory

Mobster

Your GPU is not going into Idle that's the problem, restore the nvidia drivers back to defaults and make sure your windows power profile is set to balanced.

Idle for that card is 210MHz not 1665MHz as it shows in that picture.

6. bishi

Gangster

Airflow is decent, Dark Base Pro 900 inverted, but tbh i have all the fans low since I was watercooled with my 2080 Ti and I enjoy silence

7. Grim5

Soldato

looks like your have a power hog in the system, the gpu is drawing 100w constantly which isn't normal it should be far lower at idle, could be a software bug - maybe do a clean install of drivers

8. JediFragger

Caporegime

Def give it a bit of an undervolt til then, it'll help a lot and might make it beareable.

9. bishi

Gangster

Looks like it was a driver issue, clean installed and now downclocks to 210Mhz, temperature dropping. Thank you.

10. Sarge2255

Hitman

:cry::cry: meanwhile the core is chilled

11. Gerard

Caporegime

A minute into this video and I want to kick this child square in the nads.

12. Grim5

Soldato

I hate that guys videos I never watch it, that idiot Austin evans has videos even worse. I'd like to know what happened in the first minute but I refuse to even click play because then his videos are gonna pop up in the YouTube recommended section heck no

13. heatonpkmassive

Wise Guy

Yeah, he's an idiot. The better YouTubers have done little of this sort of thing as they know it will annoy people.

This kid just likes to show off his stuff and is about as funny as a punch in the throat.

14. Gerard

Caporegime

Wtf is all the left to right bs about? At one point I thought he was sitting on a high stool with wheels, turns out he’s just randomly moving about for some reason. Looks like he’s wearing a wig he got from Ali express and those specs look as useful as a slap on the tadger.

15. heatonpkmassive

Wise Guy

:cry:

I didn't watch it Gerard, he gets on my nerves too much.

16. Cooler running

Wise Guy

3070 TI is the least interesting card in the whole stack to me.

3080 TI would be nice if it was available, which it never will be (at Msrp).

17. JediFragger

Caporegime

Can't stand that little see nut.

18. Grim5

Soldato

This is my YouTube tech channel blacklist, I never watch videos from these channels because of several reasons

RedGamingTech: Most annoying voice known to mankind

Austin Evans: Has no idea what he's talking about

Marques Brownlow: Has no idea what he's talking about outside of phones

IJustine: Just a copycat of Brownlee and Evans, no thanks

PC Centric: Has no idea what he's talking about and worse, pretends like he does - also has extremely annoying voice and mannerisms

Stop The FOMO: Has no idea what he's talking about and pretends like he does - gets called out constantly by reputable channels and ignores it

Quantum TV: Constantly promotes fake news and spouts lies. Also gets called out by other reputable channels and ignores it.

there may be more channels, that's just off the top of my head. For a few years I also had LinusTechTips on my blacklist but decided to remove him to give him another chance

19. Gerard

Caporegime

Not seeing a lot of love for him to be fair. :p

20. Purgatory

Mobster

All on my black list and a few more you missed that talk utter rubbish and use their channel for nothing more than to get free stuff or are just clickbait made up rubbish.