1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by EVH, 1 Oct 2020.

1. AlexaJ

Associate

Nice! Enjoy guys :)

2. DaBFG

Associate

Just stuck Red Dead 2 on in 4K with completely maxed out settings and thought ahhh should easy get 60fps plus on a strix 3090 only to find out I got 30!!!! Lol

3. ScottiB

OcUK Systems

That does go to prove how massively upscaled and cut down the visual effects on a console claiming to support 4K actually are.
    Admittedly, there are lots of effects on PC games which you'd struggle to notice in a side by side comparison, which make a big difference to FPS, which they include simply because they can (and because Nvidia generally insist that they do)

4. surfsquid

Wise Guy

My 3090 strix came with an odd triangle shaped card that looks like it's a sticker but has a hole in, also a weird arrow/chevron shape on the back,which isn't adhesive. What is it for? Sorry if I'm being dumb or this has been asked before!

Edit: https://youtu.be/380a7QQPGJ8 it's in this video around the 2m55s mark.. this guy also seems confused by it..

5. ScottiB

OcUK Systems

there's a identical shape on the backplate of the graphics card. It goes in there if you want it to. The hole is because there's a screw in that location.

6. surfsquid

Wise Guy

Thanks that makes sense, but why does it have a weird shape on the back side of the sticker? A part that isn't adhesive.

7. JohnG7

Mobster

I am curious, put up a photo here (I want to see what that extra cost you pay for over the FE's is all about). :p

8. DD_Crash

Gangster

What does it do?

9. surfsquid

Wise Guy

So the back side of the card has another sticker on, obviously the same shape as the RoG logo one on the front, but the (chevron?) shaped area does not have any adhesive under it, you can slide a knife between it and the backing..

Hope I linked this correctly:
    https://imgur.com/a/j7YAWkI

10. DaveGW

Gangster

Cowboys.

11. DaveGW

Gangster

The great thing about the current shortages and price hike is.........nobody needs these items, they just want them.

12. danbizzle

Associate

was 20 in que on friday but just a email saying Your Order has been packed and is in the process of being shipped. **** yehhhh

13. DD_Crash

Gangster

I know they havent had any EagleOC in but I still check my email :(

14. AlexaJ

Associate

I need a gpu, I also want one, but the need is greater than the want part. If that even makes sense. If I didn't need one I probably wouldn't bother for another 5 million years or so lol

15. danbizzle

Associate

Finally got my strix oc today :)

16. mcrustk2

Gangster

Last edited: 25 Mar 2021
  17. mcrustk2

Gangster

And... the session has dropped and its gone from my basket! FFS :mad:

18. AlexaJ

Associate

Says there's 4 in stock for me.. It's tempting though I'd prefer the msi and I'm 2nd in the queue for it

19. mcrustk2

Gangster

Its actually back in my basket but everytime I goto checkout its crashing.

20. mcrustk2

Gangster