• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
And my 3090 FTW3 order from yesterday is cancelled. I must admit after what I have been reading on the EVGA forums, they have made a HW revision to the board to resolve power distro issues and started a RMA process (US) last week and its coming to EU. Glad I swerved this board. (And the long wait for a Strix - no preorder - continues) ;)

Associate
Hi All,

Sorry to ask something that must be getting asked a lot recently - I have had a search through this thread and the stock thread but can't quite find the answer:

Is ordering from OCUK just a matter of keeping a close eye on the product pages? I can see the stock thread says some stock is incoming, and that people are talking about a queue and successfully placing orders, but I haven't been able to see any stock the few times I have checked.

I also saw a post saying the GPUs are sometimes in the 3D Printer section? I'm just wondering if there is something I am missing.

Cheers,

edit: Maybe I am misreading Gibbo's posts? Are the card he is mentioning 'due' on the stock
thread ones that will be free to be ordered?

Last edited:
Associate
In summary from what I understand;

- Whole GPU market worldwide is ******
- OCUK took pre-orders for cards at launch, up to maybe end of January
- No more pre-orders due to lack of stock
- Lists of preorders you see from Gibbo are from months ago that still haven't been able to be fulfilled
- Any New, free stock (months away probably for most SKUs of 30-series) is listed on the OCUK site, with maybe a warning beforehand from Gibbo to give forum members a 5-10s advantage.
- Yes, it really is that bad

Associate
Ok great thanks, kinda what I thought but worried I was missing out on some inside knowledge :D

So the post on the 18th March that said:

"Gigabyte 3090 Gaming OC x2"

Are these just the dribble that they do get, and sell out in a heartbeat, or do they never make it onto the site at all?

Associate
Well I almost got the updated msi suprim but the site crashed before I could checkout and then they were gone. I'm not sure what the difference is between that and the one I have preordered though :confused:

Associate
And my 3090 FTW3 order from yesterday is cancelled. I must admit after what I have been reading on the EVGA forums, they have made a HW revision to the board to resolve power distro issues and started a RMA process (US) last week and its coming to EU. Glad I swerved this board. (And the long wait for a Strix - no preorder - continues) ;)

Got a link to this info? I've been following the EVGA 3090 and to a lesser extent the 3080 black screen / power issues, but didn't know they've revised the hardware to fix the issue.

Associate
I'm actually sending my Strix 3090 back as I'm having the black screen issue on boot too after 2 days. Turned system on today and black screen, I managed to get it to post once but after a few seconds black screen.

I tried different riser cables, direct plugging, different power plugs, different display port cables, different monitors entirely etc - Can't believe it to be honest after 6 months of waiting the card I get dies after 48 hours. I hadn't overclocked it or anything, just running it stock.

Guess I'll be back in queue soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom