• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ok same as the other thread ;)

show your order times and someone might add them to a database ....
i will go first lol :)

--------------------------------

Asus GeForce RTX 3090 ROG Strix Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card
24 Sep 2020 14:04:00
OC4045122
£1,699.99

Hope i will be in the first batch :)

Associate
Asus GeForce RTX 3090 ROG Strix Gaming OC
24 Sep 2020 14:09:00
OC4045309

Hopefully not too long a wait, but not losing my **** either. Secured the PS5s and Xbox over the last week or so, so an eventful period.

Associate
Genuine question, why are people spending so much money for such a little performance increase over the 3080? I'd like to understand people's motives as you're spending an entire builds worth of money+ on a single component.

Please let me know.

Associate
Genuine question, why are people spending so much money for such a little performance increase over the 3080? I'd like to understand people's motives as you're spending an entire builds worth of money+ on a single component.

Please let me know.

Because some people just have to have the best, regardless of cost. anybody that buys this purely for gaming has more money than sense imo

Associate
I personally was expecting a 20-30% increase from the 3090. But due to that Nvidia has not provided any benchmarks one week ago, I was still expecting the same and skipped the order for the 3080.
Now, it came out that the performance increase is not that high but its also a bit late to order a 3080. I mean, when I do order a 3080 now, I have no idea when it will be available and I receive one (4-5 months?) - no transparency how many preorders are there already.
And before buying something from scalpers, it is better invested in a new run for the 3090.

Last edited:
Associate

Please let me know.

Probably depends on individual circumstances. Personally I'm coming up from a Pascal Titan, which at the time had that value imbalance, but its served me extremely well. I hope this card will have a similar lifespan.
Fully understand that cost/performance value of the 3080 in comparison, but looking at 4K gaming over the next few years, I think pursuing a more luxury 3080 10GB to be somewhat of a fools errand given we know there are more future worthy variations down the line.
I'm not planning to change cards every few months just because something shinier appeared as I feel this model will suit my needs over the next few years.

More than I'd like to spend ?
Of course, but I dont want to be caught offside in a couple years.

Associate
Palit GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming Pro OC 24GB
24/09/2020 14:11:28

I decided not to spam and instead let the animations doing their thing. Probably more effective to refresh and try again on reflection, but can't help be sympathetic to the internet hamsters behind the scenes. Well done to those that got done in 5 minutes! Fingers crossed for the folk on the forums, looks like we probably had the best odds even tho they're pretty slim so who knows what happens next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom