• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
btw. Why so many order the OC version of the Strix instead of the standard? The only benefit I see is that you don't have to manually change the clock yourself - but being that this is an overclockers forum I find the ratio really surprising.

In my case it is the first time I will have built a PC (long time Mac user) so I don't know what I'm doing! I'm willing to tinker but wanted something with a factory OC to give me the best performance out of the box while I learn some new skills.

Associate
Wonder if my EVGA 750W will be ok....don't really want to spend more cash...

No one stressing these cards with benchmarks is reporting total system draw larger than 650w. I think you’ll be fine, 850w would be safer, but you’ll be okay. If you’re ordering a Strix OC, though, and planning to turn it up to 480w, you will be cutting it fine at that point. Leaving the power draw alone in the BIOS and you’ll be okay.

Associate
As long as you don't change anything out the box you should be good
I bought an 850W PSU on the same order because something tells me the off brand 700W one I have won't cut the mustard. Also it's ugly as sin, doesn't match my colour scheme, whines under load and is only semi-modular. Was due replacing anyway

Associate
You have to consider headroom for any future upgrade also running psu near peak will result in psu fan to ramp up which adds more noise and heat so ultimately it really boils down to what components you have and what their power draw is.

Soldato
You have to consider headroom for any future upgrade also running psu near peak will result in psu fan to ramp up which adds more noise and heat so ultimately it really boils down to what components you have and what their power draw is.

I should find out in a month or 2.

It is made by Flower and it's got SLI cables...but lets see :)

Soldato
Soldato

I can get a EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G3(SUPER FLOWER Leadex II Gold) for £180

Not going to buy it unless I need to.

Associate
I always read this link to see who really made the power supply

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html
GameMax GM-700
Not even on the list and I've never even heard of them. I bought it years ago when my previous PSU died the day before a WoW expansion launch and I managed to invalidate the warranty thinking it would be an easy fix. Ran to the nearest PC shop, grabbed the cheapest PSU they had and rushed back home

Associate
I thought everybody knew by now that your card was coming sometime before the end of November depending when your order went through?
He also said only those people with ordered before 2.04pm are likely to see their cards before end of September, before 3pm end of October, before 4pm November and unknown there after.

Oh joy, as someone who (due to issues accessing sites, wanting an FE instead of an AIB, and then even more site issues) wasn't able to place an order until the evening of launch day, this is... unforunate. Guess I need to ramp up my F5'ing of nvidias site and cross my fingers

Associate
I personally have a Phanteks Evolv Pro 1000w waiting for the strix OC. Thinking now I was originally wondering about sticking a 3090 into an NZXT H1 when not much was known lol

Soldato
No one stressing these cards with benchmarks is reporting total system draw larger than 650w. I think you’ll be fine, 850w would be safer, but you’ll be okay. If you’re ordering a Strix OC, though, and planning to turn it up to 480w, you will be cutting it fine at that point. Leaving the power draw alone in the BIOS and you’ll be okay.

Not wise to run your PSU over 75% of it's rated capacity IMO.

Caporegime

Depends what else you are running. My cpu draws and extra 557W on its own when at 100% use. System is 101W at idle. Add in a tasty overclock on water on the strix 3090 and I am at 1148W. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom