• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Gfx Settings - 2xQ/8xS ?

Soldato
The following parameters are available for selection when viewing/changing antialiasing settings.

Off
2x
2xQ
4x
8xS

I have no idea what either 2xQ or 8xS are? I'd be grateful for some help :)

Soldato
The S and Q are optimised nVidia settings. They basically give slightly less visual quality than the number they represent but give significant performance over the number on it's own. The visual difference is supposed to be very, very small and completely outweighed by the performance at that visual quality.

EDIT : Actually, IIRC, S is for performance optimised like I said above, but Q is for visual quality enhancements but less performance....yes, I think that's right now.

Caporegime
2xQ is Quincunx (sp?) AA. Gives almost the qulaity of 4X AA with the speed of 2X.

ATleast that was the published spiel back in the day.

8xS is quality mode- this is the best AA mode of any single gfx card as it combines 4X MSAA with 2X SSAA (super scene) meaning the textures/alpha textures and shaders will also be AA, unlike with MSAA. However, there is a big performance hit when using SSAA.

Back
Top Bottom