• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
The wait is killing me. I have to play warzone on low settings at 1440p on my 980ti. LOW! Just to get an unstable 50 to 60fps. If I had a 2070s or something I wouldn't care, but man I've done my time. MY SOUL IS READY!

Soldato
Sound's good, do you have fps locked to 60 as this helps with temps too ?

Yeah every game I play runs locked to 60fps with the overclock of +9% (power target).

Without the +9% they still run at 60fps most of the time but it has drops to low 50sfps.

In the 10 mins of flight sym at 30-40fps it was running at 70c and fans were barely spinning but I didn't play it long enough to warm the pc up.

Flight sym was the only game I put on that I can't run 4k ultra. It doesn't matter to me I don't intent on playing it.

Soldato
Yeah every game I play runs locked to 60fps with the overclock of +9%.

Without the +9% they still run at 60fps most of the time but it has drops to low 50sfps.

In the 10 mins of flight sym at 30-40fps it was running at 70c and fans were barely spinning but I didn't play it long enough to warm the pc up.

Flight sym was the only game I put on that I can't run 4k ultra. It doesn't matter to me I don't intent on playing it.

Cheers :cool:

Associate
The wait is killing me. I have to play warzone on low settings at 1440p on my 980ti. LOW! Just to get an unstable 50 to 60fps. If I had a 2070s or something I wouldn't care, but man I've done my time. MY SOUL IS READY!

I feel your pain mate.....the rest of my rig is brand new.....cant wait to get the 3090.

Man of Honour
Why? Getting 35fps high GI at 4K, perfectly playable.

GTX1070 - if I'm at reasonable resolutions the framerate is so low things go a bit odd with capturing - at resolutions where it works a bit better it doesn't really show it off very well (also the burden of RT on this card combined with video capture seems to cause even more of a framerate drop).

Soldato
Last time I played warzone on my 980ti it performed a lot better than that at high settings 1440p. Don't think I dropped below 60fps. Was a couple of months back tbf.

Caporegime
No I think you're projecting that. I never said anything about being special or unique, you're literally just inserting that into the discussion for no reason. People had talked about how Covid is effecting their decisions to either buy a card now if they're getting government cheese or wait or whatver, i was adding my 2c.

Nothing is an objectively good or bad buy, is the point i was making, im well aware of the cost and performance deltas on the 3080 3090, i'm saying that not everyone cares about these things equally. If you care about the extra performance a lot, but the cost very little because you have a large disposable income then you can justify it.

Premium products have always been large, power hungry, hot and expensive, some people are fine with that.

No I am not projecting because I have zero reason to drone on about finance like you are repeatedly doing, seemingly without even realizing you are doing it. But then again, droning on an length without having much to say seems to be a particular skill of yours.

And yes, things can be an objectively positive or negative when weighing all of the relevant factors.

As someone with the money sat doing nothing, I don't really care for the amount it does better than the 3080, most certainly an 'e-peen' comes into play. This is my hobby, I want the best of the best, and as a result, I will be getting a 3090 without question. I understand both sides to the argument, but at the same time, telling people how to spend their money is a bit weird.

It's all relative to the buyer. If the money mattered, I'd 100% go for the 3080, it's clearly the smarter choice. BUT, I don't have a budget nor care for one, so I'm going to get a 3090. Could I better spend my money elsewhere? Probably. Do I want to? No.
No-one is 'telling' anyone how to use their money, people are just rightly stating that with the info we have seen so far that the 3090 is a terrible buy. The same opinion will be given by the media if the reviews show that the performance is 20% uplift for a 120% price increase. That is atrocious price/performance.

Associate
No I am not projecting because I have zero reason to drone on about finance like you are repeatedly doing, seemingly without even realizing you are doing it. But then again, droning on an length without having much to say seems to be a particular skill of yours.

And yes, things can be an objectively positive or negative when weighing all of the relevant factors.

No-one is 'telling' anyone how to use their money, people are just rightly stating that with the info we have seen so far that the 3090 is a terrible buy. The same opinion will be given by the media if the reviews show that the performance is 20% uplift for a 120% price increase. That is atrocious price/performance.

In worst case scenario z 20 percent difference will just bump up 3080s price again

Caporegime
Two 3090 bench scores have appeared here: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3090-vs-Nvidia-RTX-3080/4081vs4080

Shows 3090 being 20% faster than the 3080 and 50% faster than the 2080ti

but not when all cards are over clocked. The 3090 is only 10% faster than a 3080 then and on,y 17% faster than a 2080ti........

That’s worrying if true and the 3090 really don’t overclock at all. Starting to see more and more of these low 3090 results.

even the limited overclocking of the 3080 takes a big chunk of its gain over a 2080ti.

Back
Top Bottom