• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
Just cancelled my zotac Trinity order and ordered the Zotac Amp Holo. The reviews of the Trinity haven't filled me with confidence. That said, I missed them being added to the site yesterday afternoon so no doubt my order will be way down in priority.
I'm still tempted my the 3090's tomorrow but I suspect they'll be like unicorn **** tomorrow.

Permabanned
Hey guys for anyone interested I just benched 10 mins of flight sym 4k ultra settings on my 3080. (16gb 2800mhz, 9700k 4.7mhz)
To sum up it was around 40fps then when close to the ground in london it was around 30 with lows of around 25.

First time playing the game so excuse my lacks of skills and it was easy mode.

Frame counter up top right, I choose stansted airport and flew low to the ground.

(Hd version of video will be avaible once youtube finishes processing).
@AutoPilot benched it for ya.

Wow thats amazing, found someone who actually uses mouse trails!? :p

Associate
No I am not projecting because I have zero reason to drone on about finance like you are repeatedly doing, seemingly without even realizing you are doing it. But then again, droning on an length without having much to say seems to be a particular skill of yours.

And yes, things can be an objectively positive or negative when weighing all of the relevant factors.

No-one is 'telling' anyone how to use their money, people are just rightly stating that with the info we have seen so far that the 3090 is a terrible buy. The same opinion will be given by the media if the reviews show that the performance is 20% uplift for a 120% price increase. That is atrocious price/performance.

I'm just going to ignore the trolling at the start, I never said any of that stuff you accused me of, all of my posts here are evidence of that, so I'm just not going to address this further, it's pivoting off topic.

No things cannot be objectively positive because there's subjective valuation in things like what value money holds to people. People with not much money value it more, and people with lots spare value it less. If money is part of a judgement like in this case, then how much that money subjectively matters to you changes whether or not you weigh something as a good purchase or not. If you won £300 Million on a Euro lottery and you wanted to build a gaming rig, you'd just buy 2 3090s, in fact you might even go to ebay and look at the people scalping them just so you could get them a few weeks in front of everyone else, and maybe those people would be charging £3000+ and upward, you literally wouldn't care.

Now maybe YOU behave in certain ways and YOU wouldn't do something literally no matter how much money you had, that's fine. But not everyone one is you. The idea that your opinion is somehow objective is like...well I just won't bother.

Soldato
Haha not.lost, finished, I'm contractor software engineer.

Yea the 2080 ti Is holding it's own so far.

There is absolutely zero reason to move to a 3080 from a 2080ti and even if you DO, wait for AMD they may have something up their sleeve which may drive some pricing down. Not to mention the 20GB 3080 due soon.

I got a £450 2080ti, nearly brand new LOL, overclocked it, compared it to jokers ultrawide benchmarks and it was about 5-10FPS off the 3080 results. NO POINT.

Caporegime
There is absolutely zero reason to move to a 3080 from a 2080ti and even if you DO, wait for AMD they may have something up their sleeve which may drive some pricing down. Not to mention the 20GB 3080 due soon.

I got a £450 2080ti, nearly brand new LOL, overclocked it, compared it to jokers ultrawide benchmarks and it was about 5-10FPS off the 3080 results. NO POINT.

Indeed. Even a 3090 is only 17% faster than an overclocked 2080ti

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3090-vs-Nvidia-RTX-2080-Ti/4081vs4027

And a 3080 is only 7% faster than a 2080ti

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3080-vs-Nvidia-RTX-2080-Ti/4080vs4027

I mean its great that people can finally get slightly better performance than a 2080ti, two year later for £650 to £800 but its not exactly great.

And as fro the 3090 at £1500 to £1800 only giving you 17% better performance than a 2080ti...................

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3090-vs-Nvidia-RTX-2080-Ti/4081vs4027

I was hoping for a 50% boost and I might have bought one.

Caporegime
depends on the game and res. some games are massive difference some arent at certain resolutions. from gaming benchmarks of a 3070 you can see its mostly faster than a 2080ti at 1080 res by 5 to 10 fps in most modern games. thats amazing for £499.

Back
Top Bottom